[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just got back from Ironman

TimC

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will defer to the comic book nerds :D here, but wouldn't the difference in the two movies' respective tones have to do with how the comic books were written/drawn? :wacko:

Absolutely. The Dark Knight series, which is what Nolan has based his Batman on, was a lot more gritty than Iron Man which was always a bit lighter even though it dealt with serious issues like alcoholism and such.

That said, I was simply saying that the lighter tone worked better for me personally in Iron Man, although both movies are very good. There are plenty of good gritty movies that I like and Batman Returns was one of them, I just think I enjoyed Iron Man a little more.

Edited by TDFFFreak

I liked it. I found it a little disappointing that they just kind of went into a cave and poof! out came a magic uniform of steel that could destroy everything in it's path. I thought the casting was fantastic, especially RD Jr. & Jeff Bridges. The end of the credits thing looks pretty cool too.

umm, wasn't he in the cave for three months? With lots of tools and resources?

So they implied, I guess. I just would have appreciated a little more than "...and then he kicked his captors ass."

Edited by godtomsatan

You felt they should've spent more film time in the cave developing that part of the story?

I like that aspect of the superhero genre, when there is a little back story provided to the creation/transformation process. All we got in this one was the setup and we're supposed to take a leap. OK. If that's what you want me to do. Cool. The film was lucky to have the quality actors to carry the material.

That's all. I suspended my belief enough to have a good time. It's the only beef I had with an otherwise fun entertainment.

I dunno, I'm not the smartest man on the planet with a bunch of high-tech stuff laying around me that I actually designed myself so I know exactly what I have to work with.

Tony Stark is supposed to be a genius that graduated from MIT with honors at 17. He was also only miniaturizing the arc reactor he'd already invented to run his factory. It's a stretch, but how many things have been invented in someones garage or basement instead of in a cutting edge laboratory.

Tony Stark is supposed to be a genius that graduated from MIT with honors at 17. He was also only miniaturizing the arc reactor he'd already invented to run his factory. It's a stretch, but how many things have been invented in someones garage or basement instead of in a cutting edge laboratory.

Was also going to point that out,

I agree that while it does seem highly inprobable, Tony Stark is supposed to be one of the smartest men of all time.

Super Genius+Highly lethal equipment that he designed himself+3 months time+a little help = Improbable Super Creation (And keep in mind, it wasn't perfect - just enough to cause some damage and get him out)

Was also going to point that out,

I agree that while it does seem highly inprobable, Tony Stark is supposed to be one of the smartest men of all time.

Super Genius+Highly lethal equipment that he designed himself+3 months time+a little help = Improbable Super Creation (And keep in mind, it wasn't perfect - just enough to cause some damage and get him out)

And keep in mind....... :wacko: IT'S A MOVIE !!!

I'm going to see Ironman tonight! :D

Okay, I just got back. I really liked it. Robert Downey Jr.'s portrayal was spot on. I thought the supporting cast did a fine job also. :wacko:

Thanks for letting me know to stay to the end of the credits (nice lead-in to the sequel). :D

Maybe I spoke too soon about poor reviews for Indy 4...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/indiana_jones_4/

74% on rotten tomatoes. That's pretty good.

I stand by my prediction of a very big opening weekend and if this film is at least fun, it should easily be one of the biggest movies of the summer.

When I looked up Iron Man, it was at 94% :wacko: ... of course, that was only a few days after it had come out. But surprisingly, it's still way up there... 93%!!!! :D

I saw it Saturday. It was really fun to watch, and I'm not usually into Summer Blockbusters and 'splosions.

When the credits came up, I was surprised to see that this was directed by Jon Favreau. He's never done an action movie before... who greenlighted him and gave him 500 million and the keys to ILM to make this? Whoever did it should get a raise, because he did a great job.

I missed the scene at the end of the credits. Someone tell me what I missed?

I saw it Saturday. It was really fun to watch, and I'm not usually into Summer Blockbusters and 'splosions.

When the credits came up, I was surprised to see that this was directed by Jon Favreau. He's never done an action movie before... who greenlighted him and gave him 500 million and the keys to ILM to make this? Whoever did it should get a raise, because he did a great job.

I missed the scene at the end of the credits. Someone tell me what I missed?

zathura did have a good dose of action and special effects. he directed that. it even had a guy flying in a jet pack.

the last scene is down below ....

samuel l. jackson shows up at stark's house, introduces himself as nick fury, and invites iron man to join the avengers.

I know I'm late to the party, but I just took my youngest son to see Iron Man yesterday (he's 8).......I take my boys to ALL the superhero movies. Downey Jr. was freakin' awesome as Tony.

And that 2 hours flew by.......I wasn't too happy when the credits started rolling because I thought I was jipped out of 30 minutes or so........but after looking at my watch, well I was there for over 2 hours. Great action, great CGI, great acting by Downey & Bridges. Gwyneth was just smokin' hot, she didn't have to say a word for all I cared. That redish hair made me wanna just grab her and well......you know.

This flick really, really surprised me. I stayed away from all the writeups and comments on Iron Man......I wanted an open mind going into it. I was not disappointed at all, nor was my son. He loved it better than XMen, and he's a Wolverine, Iceman fanatic.