[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

F'ing AT&T

detlef

So, I forget what it was even about, but I had a really annoying experience with them several months back that made me hugely pissed off. Fast forward to today.

My cell phone rings and it's AT&T, they're asking me if I'm the one in charge of long distance for Bin 54 Restaurant (the steakhouse next door).

"Sorry, I have nothing to do with that restaurant"

"Can you tell me who handles their decisions on phones?"

"Like I said, I have nothing to do with that restaurant. My suggestion is that you call that restaurant and ask someone there."

OK, this is where it gets good...

"Sir, why are you avoiding me? I just want to save you some money."

"Excuse me?"

"Well, my records state that you're the person in charge of the phone system at Bin 54, and I'm just trying to save you some money."

"Well, you're records are freaking wrong, I own a completely different restaurant and have nothing to do with Bin 54. Really, you need to let it go."

"Well, are you in charge of the phone system of your restaurant?"

:wacko:

I signed up for a home phone from Comcast recently because with the promo they were running, it worked out to $10 less a month, plus a $50 rebate check if I added phone service to my normal bill. Strange but true.

Anyway, the day I got my phone installed, I got 3 telemarketing calls. Now the phone rings every hour with some damn call from a telemarketer. I signed up for the Do-not-call list, but it takes a month to go into effect.

How did they get my number so fast?

How come the government gives this month-long amnesty to telemarketers?

I've had to turn my ringer off. Nobody has that number but telemarketers at this point anyway.

All telecom companies are losing money, hand over fist, because people are cutting their land lines. 3 out of 10 homes in the US now do not have a home line and its beginning to kill them.

Get me dsl without a hone line with fox news and I will change tomorrow.

I signed up for a home phone from Comcast recently because with the promo they were running, it worked out to $10 less a month, plus a $50 rebate check if I added phone service to my normal bill. Strange but true.

Anyway, the day I got my phone installed, I got 3 telemarketing calls. Now the phone rings every hour with some damn call from a telemarketer. I signed up for the Do-not-call list, but it takes a month to go into effect.

How did they get my number so fast?

How come the government gives this month-long amnesty to telemarketers?

I've had to turn my ringer off. Nobody has that number but telemarketers at this point anyway.

Wierd. I switched to Comcast phone a few months ago and can't remember one call from a telemarketer since.

You should've asked the telemarketer "Who handles the _________ for Verizon?"

"I don't know, I don't work for Verizon."

"Exactly!" CLICK

exactly like something I usually say...

he's offering a service and is being a moran....he should have never made it that far into the conversation..