[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jon Lester

SheikYerbuti

I know this should be in the Other Sports forum, but Boston Red Sox pitcher and cancer survivor Jon Lester is 4 outs away from a no-hitter. I'm rooting for him in a BIG way. . .

ESPN will show the 9th inning live. Thanks for the heads up Sheik.

As a person who's lost a sibling to cancer and all the Aqualung sadness around here lately, this would be just AWESOME. . . .one of the few times I'll put the Boston rivalry on the shelf and embrace this victory for all cancer survivors.

I know this should be in the Other Sports forum, but Boston Red Sox pitcher and cancer survivor Jon Lester is 4 outs away from a no-hitter. I'm rooting for him in a BIG way. . .

Thanks for the heads-up....I've got ESPN on, they said they will switch for the 9th.

one of the few times I'll put the Boston rivalry on the shelf

What rivalry? Is there a team that's competitive with the Sox these days?

I remember years ago there was this team who always played us tough... I forget their name. Clean cut looking boys... pinstripes, I think.

What rivalry? Is there a team that's competitive with the Sox these days?

I remember years ago there was this team who always played us tough... I forget their name. Clean cut looking boys... pinstripes, I think.

stick a fork in the pinstriped boys , they are done

and 1 out away

posting it may jinx it Sheik ... :wacko:

No chance. . . I bring the luck baby.

I'm so choked up over this. . . haven't felt this way since Lance won his first Tour de France.

:wacko: Sorry Chief. Last time KC was no hit was by Nolan Ryan. Hopefully Lester has half as good a career as him.

How's this for amazing: If a pitcher ended his career with HALF the strikeouts of Nolan Ryan, they'd be #17 all time.

sick.