[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

CaptainHook

- Surviving a 200 ft. fall from a plane with a blow-up raft

Actually... the Mythbusters tested this, and you actually have a decently plausible chance of surviving a fall in a blow up raft... even if you don't land on a snowy slope.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally saw this movie ,and I came away entertained (so did the three buddies I went with). Maybe it was because I went in with lower expectations. I don't know. :wacko:

My one criticism of the movie is the unbelievability of surviving: 1) 3 waterfalls in a row, 2) a nuclear blast in a refridgerator, and 3) a fall from a cliff by a perfectly placed tree branch. Come on.

• 7 months later...
I finally saw this movie ,and I came away entertained (so did the three buddies I went with). Maybe it was because I went in with lower expectations. I don't know. :wacko:

My one criticism of the movie is the unbelievability of surviving: 1) 3 waterfalls in a row, 2) a nuclear blast in a refridgerator, and 3) a fall from a cliff by a perfectly placed tree branch. Come on.

+1...the waterfalls were rediculous and they would have died each time...but I really enjoyed this movie!

If you saw this movie, you need to see South Park episode 175 (i think it's 175) where Indy gets raped.

I think this episode should be damned near required viewing for any future film study courses. It perfectly described what Lucus and Spielberg did.

If you saw this movie, you need to see South Park episode 175 (i think it's 175) where Indy gets raped.

Yep, the South Park boys pull another classic!!

As for the movie...it was the worst movie I've seen in 2+ years, one of the worst I've ever seen, and by far the most disappointing. I kept waiting for the movie to come to life, and it just never did. It was pretty pathetic actually. The allure of Indy was that he was a well trained but normal man put in extraordinary situations The situations that he was put into in this movie were far beyond extraordinary. All of a sudden, we couldn't relate to Indy anymore, much less the situations he found himself in. Not only did the film not due justice to one of my childhood heroes, but it might have even tainted my view of the entire series as a whole. Just tragic.