[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Recount

budlitebrad

Anyone else watch this last night? I thought it was pretty good and should garner some Emmy nominations. I was only 17 during the 2000 election and wasn't paying serious attention to the news, so I definitely found it informative on the players and some of the insider stuff. It definitely has a liberal slant to it, but I guess it has to with the Democrats being portrayed as the underdogs.

Also, the portrayal of Katherine Harris was dead on, from what I've read. :wacko:

Anyone else watch this last night? I thought it was pretty good and should garner some Emmy nominations. I was only 17 during the 2000 election and wasn't paying serious attention to the news, so I definitely found it informative on the players and some of the insider stuff. It definitely has a liberal slant to it, but I guess it has to with the Democrats being portrayed as the underdogs.

Also, the portrayal of Katherine Harris was dead on, from what I've read. :wacko:

It was very good, very informative. I agree, it should get some Emmy nominations.

I didn't know about that campaign guy racing up that hallway to stop Gore from giving his first concession speech when they thought something was screwy about the Florida numbers. Kind of dramatic.

I think letting those angry Bushies into that building to "peacefully protest" was a stupid decision. I don't think anyone, Bush or Gore protestors, should have beel allowed near those people.

You're right, Katherine Harris is a dim bulb. How the hell did she get elected to secretary of state anyway?

Edited by Wolverines Fan

butterfly ballot?

I agree, whoever came up with that obnoxious butterfly ballot had an attack of the brain cramps. But I don't think anyone can defend Harris.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Even having lived through it, there was something brought to light that I wasn't fully aware of at the time. A very well done movie IMO. Yes it was slanted towards the Democrat's (liberal or conservative has nothing to do with anything in the movie, only party affiliation) point of view but since they were the ones issuing the challenge, I think it worked out better this way.

A nice touch using actual footage wherever possible and also for showing the real players during the credits.

Still f'n pisses me off. F'n Supreme Court BS. :wacko:

I did not know they made a ruling for a specific incident... thats total BS!

I wonder how the US would be different if Gora had won. I rarely go back into history and say how things would be different if B happened instead of A...but since 9/11 and our economy going to poopy right now, I really do wonder if Gore won the election.

I do agree with Gore losing speach where he said, now that the elections are over we must stop fighting and accept our new prez and act as one (something like that).

An interesting fact that has just occurred:

Sydney Pollack, producer of Recount, dies.

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/2008052...1189068000.html

Pollack also produced many independent films with the late Anthony Minghella and the production company Mirage Enterprises. His recent producing credits include "The Talented Mr. Ripley"; "Cold Mountain"; "Sketches of Frank Gehry," a documentary that was the final film directed by Pollack; and the new HBO film "Recount," about the 2000 presidential election.

I watched it Sunday....and I was disturbed. I wanted Bush to win in 2000, but I was too busy building up my client base to pay much attention to the news of the Florida recount....where it is pointed out.....only happened for roughly 12 hours!!!! Unreal. Anyway, I thought it was well done and shows the dramatic side of how passionate both sides are about their candidates. I think it also showed how Rovian tactics have brought the conservative movement to an complete stop. I certainly saw the nastiness of the republicans....but who cares....8 years ago.

I did not know they made a ruling for a specific incident... thats total BS!

I wonder how the US would be different if Gora had won. I rarely go back into history and say how things would be different if B happened instead of A...but since 9/11 and our economy going to poopy right now, I really do wonder if Gore won the election.

Forgot about the obnoxious supreme court ruling. And at the end, the one guy asking the other if he thought the supreme court would have stopped the recount if Bush had wanted it.

I hope to heck we never have another election like this.

I watched the beginning again last night just for kicks. I forgot that Katherine Harris was home sleeping on what was one of the most important nights for her state office. Florida Huddlers, can any of you explain to me how this woman got elected?

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Still f'n pisses me off. F'n Supreme Court BS. :wacko:

"And we would have gotten away with it if if weren't for you meddlin kids and that stupid constitution"

Edited by polksalet

Also, the portrayal of Katherine Harris was dead on, from what I've read. :D

I heard Katherine said Laura Dern couldn't play her because she is blonde. :wacko: Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Many of the disrupters sent down to bring chaos to the hand re-counting ended up in the Bush administration.

Still to this day the votes haven't all been counted. 60 minutes did a show on the paper used for the punch card ballots and the chads were caused by cheap paper. Not a cons[piracy, just cheap substituted cheap paper.

For me watching this again was disturbing, but was a good movie.