[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tashard Choice Pregame Clemson 2007

polksalet

sure am, sure did

Stewart is good but Jones can be a special back. I still maintain that Jones will have a better career than Mcfadden.

Well I respect the fact you don't hide your opinion, even though I completely disagree with it lol. I have gone on record as a F.Jones debunker and am probably the biggest Jonathon Stewart pimp on the web (John Tuvey can attest to this :wacko: ). I'm sorry to say, though, that if MBIII were to go down with an injury, it would be Choice that takes his place..not F.Jones.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I respect the fact you don't hide your opinion, even though I completely disagree with it lol. I have gone on record as a F.Jones debunker and am probably the biggest Jonathon Stewart pimp on the web (John Tuvey can attest to this :wacko: ). I'm sorry to say, though, that if MBIII were to go down with an injury, it would be Choice that takes his place..not F.Jones.

I agree but only because of the style of play. Choice is as good or better than Barber and Felix Jones is basically Tiki Barber.

Why was Mendenhall passed over by 4 teams that could have used him and drafted #26 overall? I don't give a flip about Tashard Choice, but your question is a trick one........how should we know why he was drafted so late? Ummmmm, maybe teams addressed other needs before they got a RB? By golly, I think I figured it out.

Maybe I should call the Cardinals, Texans, Panthers & Jets. While I'm at it, I'll ask the Panthers why they took Stewart over Mendenhall. I'll get back to you on that one.

:wacko:

Thanks for lending nothing to the discussion sweetheart. You can go back to your douching now. Noob.

"Teams addressed other needs," huh? Ever hear of "best player available?" Take a look at Oakland's taking McFadden and tell me that teams always draft for need. Like they needed another running back. If Choice is as good as all seem to think, then why did he last to 122 AND was the second RB that Dallas took? That's my question. No wiseass answers and no phone calls to NFL teams needed.

Actually...here is your answer: maybe he is just NOT as good as everyone says he is.

No need to respond. Probably won't be worth reading anyway.

No need to respond??? You got your panties in a twist because you got called out by a noob? What an internet douchebag!

I love how some of you old timers got to thump your chest when it happens.......blah, blah, blah. You've been on this site longer than me so you know more about football???? You're a joke.......and as small a joke as what you put in your hand when you go piss.

As I said, you're question is a trick one.......I don't like Choice and not high on him like others. If he's given a shot at starting and he shows up, his draft spot will have nothing to do with anything. Just like some of the higher ranked RBs that were taken.......they may not make a career. But I guess since they were taken in the 1st, 2nd round - they are guaranteed a long and prosporous career? Pfffffttttttt.

Bye, bye honey!

I'm actually gonna take a step back here and apologize to CHISOX. My response to his post was very out of character for me and had no business being written.

Hope we're all good man.

We're good bro..........a PM has been sent to you with an apology too. Here it is for anyone that cares. I've copied exactly what was sent to you.

====================================================================

=============

I'm very glad to hear you say this. I don't want to join a new board with this kind of entrance, it's not my way either. I'm very laid back and usually give some good thought and explanations with my opinions. Sometimes they are wrong, but at least I give reasons for my beliefs.

I certainly didn't mean to blast you like I did, but I felt that if I'm going to gain any "cred" around this place.....I won't be walked on & I used you as a springboard. My apologizes too.

And FYI, I certainly didn't mean to put your opinion into question but I did use a great example of how players fall in the draft so that their draft position shouldn't really affect how good they can/could be. Players fall for alot of reasons due to team needs, stupid management decisions, guessing game gone wrong (thinking they can grab one player and get the "other" target one round later).

Can we use Terrell Davis as another example? 6th round pick

How about Dominack Davis from HOU? He was a 3rd or 4th round pick if I remember correctly and flourished behind their crappy OLine. Anyways, that's about all I got. I'll see ya around the boards bro! I'm following John Tuvey from "another" site which IMO has gone down the pooper.

Had Jones played in the sunbelt or the pac10 be would have been the best player in the conference. Your argument is void.

You fail

Oh so we're going with hypothetical scenarios, and I fail?

I'm talking about facts and reality, you are in La-la land.

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

We're good CHISOX. Welcome to The Huddle! :wacko:

I sometimes like to play Devil's Advocate when I pose questions as I did in this thread. If Choice is that good, how did he slip to 122? The runners you mention, TD and Domanick Davis, weren't too highly thought of coming out of college IIRC. Choice is highly thought of, so it begged me to question why he slipped.

All I know is that he was snatched up 2 places before I was ready to take him in ATAP Dynasty and his "choice" caused an eruption amongst some in the league...and a mad scramble to try to acquire him (all unsuccessful, BTW).

We're good bro..........a PM has been sent to you with an apology too. Here it is for anyone that cares. I've copied exactly what was sent to you.

====================================================================

=============

I'm very glad to hear you say this. I don't want to join a new board with this kind of entrance, it's not my way either. I'm very laid back and usually give some good thought and explanations with my opinions. Sometimes they are wrong, but at least I give reasons for my beliefs.

I certainly didn't mean to blast you like I did, but I felt that if I'm going to gain any "cred" around this place.....I won't be walked on & I used you as a springboard. My apologizes too.

And FYI, I certainly didn't mean to put your opinion into question but I did use a great example of how players fall in the draft so that their draft position shouldn't really affect how good they can/could be. Players fall for alot of reasons due to team needs, stupid management decisions, guessing game gone wrong (thinking they can grab one player and get the "other" target one round later).

Can we use Terrell Davis as another example? 6th round pick

How about Dominack Davis from HOU? He was a 3rd or 4th round pick if I remember correctly and flourished behind their crappy OLine. Anyways, that's about all I got. I'll see ya around the boards bro! I'm following John Tuvey from "another" site which IMO has gone down the pooper.

Welcome Rob!! It's about time. Glad to see you and Wolf patched things up.

Isn't it odd that Choice goes so low in IDP drafts, yet when he is mentioned in trade talks, his asking price goes through the roof????

Edited by tazinib1

Have a few too many TPT's last night? :D

:wacko: Not last night. Did have a thumb of Macallans though! I'll hold off until WCOFF to have a few TPT's with you and BC. Is Adam coming?

Edited by The Wolf

I'd rather have Danny Ford back.

Being a Hog fan w/ Nuttsack at the helm has been unbearable.

true, he is the nest coach the swine ever had and certainly better than they ever deserved. Griping about him is like the Jamaicans griping about their bobsled coach keeping them from winning the gold medal.

Oh so we're going with hypothetical scenarios, and I fail?

I'm talking about facts and reality, you are in La-la land.

My point is that you are operating in the illusion that the Pac10 is a major conference. Had bush played in the big12 or sec he would have been revealed to be the overrated scatback that he is.

true, he is the nest coach the swine ever had and certainly better than they ever deserved. Griping about him is like the Jamaicans griping about their bobsled coach keeping them from winning the gold medal.

True, but he was also a beligerant drunk by the end and he didn't even know his own players names.

I think Petrino is by far the best coach we've ever had or ever will have. Now how long he'll b here is another question entirely. It's kind of like somehow getting to nail the prom queen when you both know she's way out of your league. May not last long, but enjoy it while you can.

:wacko: Glad you like that Randall. I am more than willing to apologize when I'm out of line, which I was in this case.

I was just kidding. I like working out problems. Most of mine here will never be worked out though.

My point is that you are operating in the illusion that the Pac10 is a major conference. Had bush played in the big12 or sec he would have been revealed to be the overrated scatback that he is.

I never, never, never said the Pac was a major conference. In fact, I never mentioned the conference at all. YOU did. I merely stated that USC was the best team in the nation. And they were the best team for about a 3 year stretch--when Bush was there. That is not up for debate. They won one NC, played in another, and were thought to be the true NC in the first year. I think they lost one game in a 3 year stretch. Conference has nothing to do with it.

And once again you are speaking in hypothetical, what if scenarios. It makes you look foolish when comparing these players.

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

I was just kidding. I like working out problems. Most of mine here will never be worked out though.

OH, I know bro. No sarcasm in my response at all. You'll never please everyone so don't try. Be yourself.

:wacko:

I never, never, never said the Pac was a major conference. In fact, I never mentioned the conference at all. YOU did. I merely stated that USC was the best team in the nation. And they were the best team for about a 3 year stretch--when Bush was there.

And once again you are speaking in hypothetical, what if scenarios. It makes you look foolish when comparing these players.

USC won one mnc in 3 years while bush was there. How were they the best tem? Just because you want something to be true doesn't mean it is. Had USC played in a legit conference they wouldn't have ran up all of those wins and bush wouldn't have had all of the yards. That is the bottom line.

Edited by polksalet

True, but he was also a beligerant drunk by the end and he didn't even know his own players names.

I think Petrino is by far the best coach we've ever had or ever will have. Now how long he'll b here is another question entirely. It's kind of like somehow getting to nail the prom queen when you both know she's way out of your league. May not last long, but enjoy it while you can.

I am not a fan of hdn on a personal level. I do believe that he took Arkansas farther than it had the right to go. He took mediocre talent and developed it to an extremely high level.

As good as petrino is he will never duplicate nutt's success.