[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tashard Choice Pregame Clemson 2007

polksalet

USC won one mnc in 3 years while bush was there. How were they the best tem? Just because you want something to be true doesn't mean it is. Had USC played in a legit conference they wouldn't have ran up all of those wins and bush wouldn't have had all of the yards. That is the bottom line.

I'm guessing that you are a Cowboys' fan. That would explain a lot. As they tend to be delusional, and that is the only thing that can describe your points for Jones.

Since you want to compare the conferences, why don't we compare the actual teams.

They played each other in 2006. Result: 50-14 USC! (Jones had 68 yards from scrimmage and zero TDs).

They played each other in 2005. Result: 70-17 USC! (Jones 77 yards from scrimmage and zero TDs. Bush 195 yards from scrimmage and 2 TDs).

Game, set, match. Thanks for playing.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a fan of hdn on a personal level. I do believe that he took Arkansas farther than it had the right to go. He took mediocre talent and developed it to an extremely high level.

As good as petrino is he will never duplicate nutt's success.

I thought you meant Ford was the best coach we've had, my bad.

As for Nutt, I couldn't disagree with you more. He constantly played players in the wrong positions, mismanaged game situations, and never lived up to the team's potential. We constantly played down tp the level of our weaker opponents (losing lots of games that we had no business losing), and then once or twice a year, stepped up and beat a very good team that we had no business beating. His inability to properly manage the talent on his teams is best visualized by looking at his players currently in the NFL that are playing different postitions as they did in college:

Matt Jones - College QB - NFL WR, Jacksonville starter

Tavarus Jackson - College QB (who Nutt ran off for Jones) - NFL QB, Minnesota starter

George Wilson - College WR - NFL CB, Buffalo, starter

Shawn Andrews - College LT - NFL Guard - Philly starter

Jason Peters - College TE (330 lbs?) - NFL Tackle, Buffalo starter

The majority of players who translated to the NFL at their college positions and been successful (Kenny Hamlin, Jamal Anderson, Carlos Hall, Chris Houston, Caleb Miller, Kennoy Kennedy) were on the defense, of which Nutt had very little direct control.

Not to mention, when he did get some top flight skill players (Mitch Mustain and Damian Williams, both now at USC) he ran them off too b/c he didn't like having to turn the offense over to a creative and affective offensive coordinator (Gus Malzahn).

Any way, didn't mean to run on. I just can't stand HDN. Hope Ole Miss enjoys his used car selling ass.

Edited by Wally

:wacko: He had limited PT last year and still does not look to be a starting WR.

True, but Jones played QB for us and we ran Jackson off (also a limited NFL talent) in order for him to do this.

If Nutt wasn't such a dumbass, we'd have had Jackson as QB, throwing to Jones. May not be the best NFL combo, but would have been nasty in the college ranks.

I thought you meant Ford was the best coach we've had, my bad.

As for Nutt, I couldn't disagree with you more. He constantly played players in the wrong positions, mismanaged game situations, and never lived up to the team's potential. We constantly played down tp the level of our weaker opponents (losing lots of games that we had no business losing), and then once or twice a year, stepped up and beat a very good team that we had no business beating. His inability to properly manage the talent on his teams is best visualized by looking at his players currently in the NFL that are playing different postitions as they did in college:

Matt Jones - College QB - NFL WR, Jacksonville starter

Tavarus Jackson - College QB (who Nutt ran off for Jones) - NFL QB, Minnesota starter

George Wilson - College WR - NFL CB, Buffalo, starter

Shawn Andrews - College LT - NFL Guard - Philly starter

Jason Peters - College TE (330 lbs?) - NFL Tackle, Buffalo starter

The majority of players who translated to the NFL at their college positions and been successful (Kenny Hamlin, Jamal Anderson, Carlos Hall, Chris Houston, Caleb Miller, Kennoy Kennedy) were on the defense, of which Nutt had very little direct control.

Not to mention, when he did get some top flight skill players (Mitch Mustain and Damian Williams, both now at USC) he ran them off too b/c he didn't like having to turn the offense over to a creative and affective offensive coordinator (Gus Malzahn).

Any way, didn't mean to run on. I just can't stand HDN. Hope Ole Miss enjoys his used car selling ass.

The uaf program along with the entire culture of the states suffers from delusions of grandeur. The hogs are to the ncaa what Haiti is to the UN. You people just need to admit that you were never a real player in college football and you will never be. You list those players and some comments yet you fail to mntion that Andrews ended up being hated by the fans because he fell ill and Peters was hated because he was soft and didn't want to play dt. Jones is about to be cut. Perhaps Nutt simply found a way to take mediocre talent ("I'm batman") and make it appear great?

btw, Mustain is a backup and Williams is the 3rd wr at USC. Maybe they were whining litle tits who needed to be ran off? Reckon?

Granted they were whiners, but I'd be willing to bet that they (and Malhzan) were lied to, repeatedly by Nutt. Last I heard, Williams was listed as a WR1 or 2 on the depth charts and Mustain was making good strides towards overtaing Sanchez. I could easily be misinformed as I don't pay any attention to the USC offseason program.

I've never heard anyone around here say a bad word against Andrews or Peters, only Nutt. To the best of my knowedge, everyone in our state (at least those I associate with) wishes them all the success in the world. My only regret is that they (mainly Peters) were misused while at the U of A.

I by no means think that we should be a national power year in and year out. Just hopefully good enough to win the West every three or four years, and go to a decent bowl every year. An SEC championship or two would be nice, but that's asking a lot considering the overall strength of the conference. That being said, we damn near beat Florida in the SEC Championship game two years ago when they went on to win the National Championsip (Reggie Fish debacle robbed us of that one).

Last year's mediocrity was pretty unnacceptable considering the amount of talent on the team. But a lot of people overlook that b/c Nutt pulled an LSU victory out f his ass at the end of the season.

All in all, I'm just glad to have a new chapter for the program, regardless of how short its going to last.

Granted they were whiners, but I'd be willing to bet that they (and Malhzan) were lied to, repeatedly by Nutt. Last I heard, Williams was listed as a WR1 or 2 on the depth charts and Mustain was making good strides towards overtaing Sanchez. I could easily be misinformed as I don't pay any attention to the USC offseason program.

I've never heard anyone around here say a bad word against Andrews or Peters, only Nutt. To the best of my knowedge, everyone in our state (at least those I associate with) wishes them all the success in the world. My only regret is that they (mainly Peters) were misused while at the U of A.

I by no means think that we should be a national power year in and year out. Just hopefully good enough to win the West every three or four years, and go to a decent bowl every year. An SEC championship or two would be nice, but that's asking a lot considering the overall strength of the conference. That being said, we damn near beat Florida in the SEC Championship game two years ago when they went on to win the National Championsip (Reggie Fish debacle robbed us of that one).

Last year's mediocrity was pretty unnacceptable considering the amount of talent on the team. But a lot of people overlook that b/c Nutt pulled an LSU victory out f his ass at the end of the season.

All in all, I'm just glad to have a new chapter for the program, regardless of how short its going to last.

So what part of Arkie u from? Scrapper here (3-peat)

Polk-

Where did you get this info about Andrews and Peters being hated? I never heard a word against them myself.

I thought that was common knowledge :wacko:

I'm from LR, live in Fayetteville.

Are you referring to the Jared McBride days?

No, we are currently 3 time defending champs. Jared only won one.

I went for my freedom in '90 before we were good.

No, we are currently 3 time defending champs. Jared only won one.

I went for my freedom in '90 before we were good.

Damn, I didn't realize they had won the last 3. I graduated in '97, when McBride and crew were rolling up 50+ every week. I didn't keep up with high school sports much once I got to college.

I don't think it is.

it was, trust me. But since Peters and Andrews have gone onto great things this has been buried by the swine propaganda machine. I have expert knowledge Peters was and is pissed about all of that. Also, do you not remember all of the hubbub about Andrews not playing in the Josh Gordon whacker bowl? As a matter of fact on the highlight film of Andrews last season they did not allow him into any of the shots. I have not seen the film but I have heard this from many people.

Damn, I didn't realize they had won the last 3. I graduated in '97, when McBride and crew were rolling up 50+ every week. I didn't keep up with high school sports much once I got to college.

That McBride squad was probabaly the best team from a school of that size in the history of Arkansas. They had around 12-15 of the starters play college ball with two playing d-1. The team we had 2 years back was almost as good. Whitmore was the greatest hs player I have ever seen. He played wr, qb, rb, kr, and pr for Tulsa last year.

it was, trust me. But since Peters and Andrews have gone onto great things this has been buried by the swine propaganda machine. I have expert knowledge Peters was and is pissed about all of that. Also, do you not remember all of the hubbub about Andrews not playing in the Josh Gordon whacker bowl? As a matter of fact on the highlight film of Andrews last season they did not allow him into any of the shots. I have not seen the film but I have heard this from many people.

I remember him not playing in the bowl game. Personally, I didn't give a rip and don't blame him, but I guess a lot of folk take this stuff more personally than I do.

I remember him not playing in the bowl game. Personally, I didn't give a rip and don't blame him, but I guess a lot of folk take this stuff more personally than I do.

A lot of hog is not most internalize and identify with everything swine. I was told from an early age and still am that I am a traitor in the mold of such people as Benedict Arnold and Jihad Johnny. Just imagine how much flack an actual player gets when they do something which is perceived as anti hog. Tt is a jacked up culture up there.