[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Boy Scout TORNADO Pic

nuke'em ttg

I would venture to say the pic is real.

When mother nature gets riled up, she's capable of some pretty tripped out sh-it. I saw some amazing pics of Hurricane Katrina and you would have never thought in a million years the skies could look like they did. Ominous as hell.

That all said - the Iowa thing is heartbreaking. I hate to hear this about anyone, but especially kids. :wacko:

Is that picture real?

This came to me in an email:

Larry Moser of Arthur J. Gallagher Agency in Sioux City, IA sent this photo to me. This is the tornado that struck the Boy Scout Camp in western Iowa last evening, killing 4 people. Thought you might like to see a tornado up close and personal.

:wacko:

When mother nature gets riled up, she's capable of some pretty tripped out sh-it. I saw some amazing pics of Hurricane Katrina and you would have never thought in a million years the skies could look like they did. Ominous as hell.

That all said - the Iowa thing is heartbreaking. I hate to hear this about anyone, but especially kids. :wacko:

:D

Time of the photo looks about right....Boy Scout camp was hit about 8:20PM...that low sun and the dusky appearance of the sky looks late evening.

it'd be pretty sick if someone doctored this photo and passed it off as a picture of a grave day, for their own pathetic edification.

It's a fake. If you go to the source of the photo Tornado, you can see that the picture was taken on 06-10-2008 at 20:14 hours (8:14 pm). The problem is the Boy Scout's tornado hit on Wednesday (6-11) at 6:35 central.

Some dikhead took this picture of his farm the day before and then when he found out about the tornado, he photoshopped it and added a tornado.

Edit to add: Or this is a real tornado (doesn't look right to me) but it's from the day before the Boy Scout's tornado.

Edited by Double Agent

It's a fake. If you go to the source of the photo Tornado, you can see that the picture was taken on 06-10-2008 at 20:14 hours (8:14 pm). The problem is the Boy Scout's tornado hit on Wednesday (6-11) at 6:35 central.

Some dikhead took this picture of his farm the day before and then when he found out about the tornado, he photoshopped it and added a tornado.

Edit to add: Or this is a real tornado (doesn't look right to me) but it's from the day before the Boy Scout's tornado.

None of the local news stations here in Omaha have really been running any photos of the tornado itself.

Also, a "professional storm spotter" who was near the camp and the people at the camp have been quoted as saying that the tornado itself was hidden by the heavy rain that came along with it.

I stand corrected. No less tragic though. Kind of pitiful that someone would take the time/effort to generate something like this in light of how the real situation played out.

That's a real picture of a tornado?

Those trees look awfully still people....

ETA: plus the flag is blowing TOWARDS it. :wacko:

I agree it probably isn't a really pic.

However, the flag actually is blowing in the right direction. As you look down on that tornado it is spining counter-clockwise, so the wind should be blowing from left to right.

The trees, the power lines, and the complete lack of debris in the air are all major blows to the credibility.

I agree it probably isn't a really pic.

However, the flag actually is blowing in the right direction. As you look down on that tornado it is spining counter-clockwise, so the wind should be blowing from left to right.

The trees, the power lines, and the complete lack of debris in the air are all major blows to the credibility.

In my professional opinion, the fact that you cannot see the blue field of stars behind the pole indicates it isn't pointing left to right as seen by the camera in a parallel manner, but is actually pointed towards the damn thing, given that the pole blocks the star field.

It is a minor time lapse as well...

In my professional opinion, the fact that you cannot see the blue field of stars behind the pole indicates it isn't pointing left to right as seen by the camera in a parallel manner, but is actually pointed towards the damn thing, given that the pole blocks the star field.

It is a minor time lapse as well...

that could be too, or it could be slacked down further adding to the fakedness. (fakedness = real word?)

that could be too, or it could be slacked down further adding to the fakedness. (fakedness = real word?)

If it was slacked it wouldn't be flapping tautly. The star field seems to point toward the 1 or 2 oclock position if the camera is at 6.

That's a real picture of a tornado?

Those trees look awfully still people....

ETA: plus the flag is blowing TOWARDS it. :wacko:

Hi Pope -

Actually a tornado will cause negative pressure and force air up into it. So the flag blowing towards it would be correct.