[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deep thought of the day

polksalet

I just found this online and thought it was pretty profound. I think I might have it tattooed on my forehead.

Yeah, it is a Daveism

"One big hairy lie that we allow to steal our hope is: Failure is permanent. If we see failure in our past as an indicator of our future, it will rob our hope. Winston Churchill, the great British prime minister, said, “Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” When we believe failure is here to stay, we lose enthusiasm and the ability to head back toward success.

Hope is stolen when we misunderstand failure. Failure is natural, normal, and is going to happen. If we take all the lessons learned from failure and stack them, we can easily get the breathtaking view that hope gives. The trick is to avoid making short-term decisions, based on loss of hope, that have worse long-term effects."

I just found this online and thought it was pretty profound. I think I might have it tattooed on my forehead.

Yeah, it is a Daveism

"One big hairy lie that we allow to steal our hope is: Failure is permanent. If we see failure in our past as an indicator of our future, it will rob our hope. Winston Churchill, the great British prime minister, said, “Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” When we believe failure is here to stay, we lose enthusiasm and the ability to head back toward success.

Hope is stolen when we misunderstand failure. Failure is natural, normal, and is going to happen. If we take all the lessons learned from failure and stack them, we can easily get the breathtaking view that hope gives. The trick is to avoid making short-term decisions, based on loss of hope, that have worse long-term effects."

I love it Polk...thanks!

While we're sharing inspirational quotes, here is a quote attributed to Charles De Gaulle that I have posted on my desk:

Faced with crisis, the man of character falls back on himself. He imposes his own stamp of action, takes responsibility for it, makes it his own.

I love it Polk...thanks!

While we're sharing inspirational quotes, here is a quote attributed to Charles De Gaulle that I have posted on my desk:

Faced with crisis, the man of character falls back on himself. He imposes his own stamp of action, takes responsibility for it, makes it his own.

hmmm, de Gaulle said that? I would have guessed that a quote from him on the subject would have been more like this:

"Faced with crisis, the man of French character falls back on the Americans. He allows them to impose their own stamp of action, but when all is finished, he takes responsibility for it, makes it his own."

:wacko:

Edited by wiegie

Love yourself and be awake-

Today, tomorrow, always.

First establish yourself in the way,

Then teach others,

And so defeat sorrow.

To straighten the crooked,

You must first do a harder thing,

Straighten yourself.

You are your only master.

Who else?