[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any Ford F-150 owners out there?

TimC

Our company has a small fleet of 15 trucks. We used to buy Chevy / GMC up until the late 80s. Ever since then we have bought F-150s. It is true Chevy's have more power, but I'm not sure about the mileage. The Chevy's have larger engines. The Fords tend to be about $5000 cheaper over the life of the truck, due partially to initial cost, but also to lower maintenance costs.

I'm a firm believer in Ford products. I flipped a 1992 Bronco, had to replace every piece of body work on it, but it didn't even crack a motor mount. All of the damage was cosmetic, there was no structural or mechanical damage.

I should have qualified by saying that we run all 3/4 ton trucks. The Fords and Dodges get around 13-14 miles/gallon vs 15-17 on the GMs.

I have a 1994 F-150 with only 109k original miles on it. Bought it used back in 2000 from an old man. The motor is strong as hell and will run forever so I'm told. It mostly sits now because my car gets better gas milage and old reliable drinks it(12 MPG). The AC has a leak in it. It's either the accumulator(hope so) or the evaporator core(this is expensive) but the compressor is fine. Has quite a few dings in it but it's a truck. I thought about selling it, but I wouldn't get squat for it so I may as well hang onto it. Still drives like a dream though.