[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beaumont Goes Solo

Beaumont

:wacko:

I thought his former screen name was BeaumontEd and then switched to just Beaumont.

Ah, what the hell do I know. Do I look like Big John or something :D

He went by that too but not as a screen name. Ed is part of his last name.

Good luck. You going to keep doing the same stuff?

Sure. Same stuff. Insurance defense work & coverage litigation, commercial lit, civil rights lit, oil & gas, etc. No criminal, probate or divorce work if I can help it. About 65%-70% defense work. Hard to fight the established Beaumont PI attorneys for the good PI work. I tend to take more complicated employments and civil rights cases if I want to do Plaintiff's work.

I have all my own clients (they are fabulous) so this will only effect me by requiring more time to management/business side, which was always done through a firm administrator. But I get to keep all of my income minus expenses, which will actually be less on my own.

I am also building a new building but have not broke ground yet.

Starting a new law firm is a little bit different than other new businesses. My clients are already in pocket. I have lots of work already. This is all about reducing overhead and eating what you kill. No real risk here unless I lose my clients, which wont happen as long as I keep them happy.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!

:wacko:

I thought his former screen name was BeaumontEd and then switched to just Beaumont.

Ah, what the hell do I know. Do I look like Big John or something :D

BeaumontEd and Beaumont Eddie were just for poker ...

At this point in my life I could never run my own business. I would be the boss that was never there. I would be off golfing everyday that there was no rain. In the winter I would go somewhere that the weather was nice. My business would fold in record time.

Good luck to you though, Bueumont!