[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Firesale is on

loaf

word is that CC is going to MIL for LaPorta and two others...Blake is on the way out and possibly Peralta to the Dodgers. Byrd is rumored to be going to....

word is that CC is going to MIL for LaPorta and two others...Blake is on the way out and possibly Peralta to the Dodgers. Byrd is rumored to be going to....

That's a rent-a-player for Milwaukee if it's true. They apparently can't afford to keep Sheets so they certainly won't be able to resign Sabathia. Unless they're looking to shop Sheets at the same time..... :wacko:

:wacko: Not sure how big a fan of this move I am - for THIS season, awesome, Sabathia is a stud and pitching wins championships. With Sabathia and Sheets as the 1-2, the Crew has some MONSTERS at the top of the rotation.

But I am loath to give up prospects...then again, that's part of being a GOOD team in the playoff hunt. Obviously Doug Melvin feels that the time is now. And given his track record, who am I to argue with him?

:wacko: Not sure how big a fan of this move I am - for THIS season, awesome, Sabathia is a stud and pitching wins championships. With Sabathia and Sheets as the 1-2, the Crew has some MONSTERS at the top of the rotation.

But I am loath to give up prospects...then again, that's part of being a GOOD team in the playoff hunt. Obviously Doug Melvin feels that the time is now. And given his track record, who am I to argue with him?

lets say sheets and sabathia walk after this year...if the teams that sign them are outside of the top 15 picks in the draft(most likely to be) the brewers will have a sleuth of 1st rounders.....and the brew crew have had a pretty decent track record of late with their picks

i remember the red sox drafted laporta after his jr. year in like the 12th or 14th round or something....cause he was hurt most of the year....and they offered him a really nice bonus...like first round money...but he went back for his sr. year

If CC walks, then the Brewers get 2 draft picks in the top 50, which I believe would give them 5 of the top 50 overall. That's not too bad a consolation, given the fact that many feel LaPorta wasn't their UBER prospect, so they'll remain with a robust farm system. This is a good shot in the arm for them, and almost guarantees the WC comes out of the central between Mil, Cubs and Cards.

If CC walks, then the Brewers get 2 draft picks in the top 50, which I believe would give them 5 of the top 50 overall. That's not too bad a consolation, given the fact that many feel LaPorta wasn't their UBER prospect, so they'll remain with a robust farm system. This is a good shot in the arm for them, and almost guarantees the WC comes out of the central between Mil, Cubs and Cards.

Yep, the Brewers are now legitimate contenders, and with Sheetz & Sabathia at the top of the rotation, they will be dangerous in the playoffs. I just don't see the Cardinals keeping up their pace. In the end, I see Cubs, Phils, Diamondbacks, Brewers (WC) in the National League. Red Sox, White Sox, Angels, Rays (WC) in the A.L. Angels over Phillies in the World Series.

Yep, the Brewers are now legitimate contenders, and with Sheetz & Sabathia at the top of the rotation, they will be dangerous in the playoffs. I just don't see the Cardinals keeping up their pace. In the end, I see Cubs, Phils, Diamondbacks, Brewers (WC) in the National League. Red Sox, White Sox, Angels, Rays (WC) in the A.L. Angels over Phillies in the World Series.

Bah. He who would dismiss the Twins may have cause to regret it. :wacko:

Bah. He who would dismiss the Twins may have cause to regret it. :D

UM smoke is that good in Minny. the Twins are hot right now they won't maintain it. I mean c'mon look at their line up now that Punto is back he will play the majority of time which is a downgrade. Their staff is so-so. besides M&M they are an avg team that will finish third in their division. :wacko:

I think this is a great move for the Brewers. there time is now. Laporta was a GOOD prospect not great and he had nowhere to play he was not going to beat out Fielder, Braun or Hart as the only positions he can play are 1B and the corner OF. since there is no DH in the NL he had no where to go. When CC and Sheets walk at the end of the year they get a shiat load of first round picks as stated in this thread already. So they give it a shot this year and reload for the coming years.

Cubs acquire Harden, putting the Red Birds in serious trouble in the Central, barring a collapse by Mil or the Cubbies.

Definitely a nice counter punch by the Cubbies. They were probably still better than the Brew Crew after the CC trade, now they definitely are.

• 4 weeks later...