[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This makes me f'n sick...

alexgaddis

Unfortunately, this is the world in which we live... A similar thing happened at Six Flags over GA last year

ETA

I knew one of the names sounded familiar, not the same guy, very similar first name...

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/cob...flags_0514.html

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/cob...ting_pleas.html

Edited by SEC=UGA

How do on lookers see this and not intervene?

They view it as not being their problem.

And exactly where were you when the kid was getting a beat down at Six Flags, huh, up there in Alpharetta, not wanting to cross the Chattahoochee....

Actually, this is one of the primary reasons to not leave Alpharetta, you're pretty safe there.

They view it as not being their problem.

And exactly where were you when the kid was getting a beat down at Six Flags, huh, up there in Alpharetta, not wanting to cross the Chattahoochee....

Actually, this is one of the primary reasons to not leave Alpharetta, you're pretty safe there.

I'd hope that I'd have the conviction to intervene if I was ever to witness something like this. Even if it meant a likely beatdown, I'd want others to do the same for me.

I'd hope that I'd have the conviction to intervene if I was ever to witness something like this. Even if it meant a likely beatdown, I'd want others to do the same for me.

Come on over to Marietta, we'd help you out.

I was there that night. Left about 10:40 or so, roughly an hour before this went down.

As for those of youse wondering about the bystanders......would you wade in ALONE against eight violent thugs? Would you?

It only takes one person to inspire others. I'd hope I would but I've never been in that situation. The .45 is always either on me or if I were at a theme park would be in the car, so if things were really desperate there is alway that.

I was there that night. Left about 10:40 or so, roughly an hour before this went down.

As for those of youse wondering about the bystanders......would you wade in ALONE against eight violent thugs? Would you?

It would be a tough call, I would hope that I would help out...

Can't say that I would, but I would most certainly try and distract them by yelling COPS! or soemthing, I sure wouldn;t just stand there and watch :wacko:

It only takes one person to inspire others. I'd hope I would but I've never been in that situation. The .45 is always either on me or if I were at a theme park would be in the car, so if things were really desperate there is alway that.

Several years back we were leaving a festival and passed a nightclub. Some guy walked out with a cut above his eye and this group of fratboy assbags followed him - about 5 or so. They taunted him, caught up, and were pushing him around and a beat down was imminent.

One of the guys with me said "we can't let this guy get beat up!" and zipped across the street. I figured I couldn't let the guy with me (who was a friend of a friend) get beat up, so I followed him. My friends (who, I love 'em to death, don't inspire visions of triumph in street battle) followed me.

And the thing is, the fratboys had us outnumbered AND outsized, but when the odds got CLOSE to even, they lost interest. I think the two (possible) lesbians who were calling them "cowards" and "f@ggots" for even thinking of going 5-on-1 helped more than the non-imposing group of "protectors" my friends and I formed.

Anyway, my point is, it's easy to look the other way - either by convincing yourself that it isn't your problem or that it isn't a problem at all.

The whole thing could have lasted 60 seconds. Most of us live docile lives of relative comfort. It might take a few moments for most people to even process the gravity of what was happening, even if they did have the courage to step up.

I have stepped in twice in similar situations. Less people involved but...... I don't have that off button when I see something like that.

The first time I took a pretty good shot to the head but stayed up and everything calmed down. A-Holes just left. The second time all it took was for someone to step in and off they scurried to the rock from which the crawled out from.

Living in the city we see this all the time. So many tough guys when they have 5 or 6 friends with em. You see them the next day and they aren't near as tough. I have never understood the pack mentality but it definitely exists in the sub-human race!

My thinking exactly