[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How much do you drink?

Atlanta Cracker

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats it! I had access to concentrated grape juice and we just added some bakers yeast and sugar, rubber banded a balloon over the top of a 1 gallon jug and waited 3-4 days until the balloon was nice and full.

We called it bilge wine and it was natsy.

I remember on our way to desert storm we were out so long they were apparently required to give everyone two beers and we had a beach dayon the hilo deck. I knew guys who didn't drink who were selling their cans for $30.00 each. I bought 4 for $80.00 and got really drunk chasing bilge wine with beers. I felt embalmed the next morning.

To be 19 again. Those were the days.

We called it bilge wine and it was natsy.

I remember on our way to desert storm we were out so long they were apparently required to give everyone two beers and we had a beach dayon the hilo deck. I knew guys who didn't drink who were selling their cans for $30.00 each. I bought 4 for $80.00 and got really drunk chasing bilge wine with beers. I felt embalmed the next morning.

To be 19 again. Those were the days.

Steel Beach Picnics...I remember those as well. I think our beers went in the $20 range.

I served from 1986 (right out of high school) to 1994. I was an MS2 when I got out but served 3 years shore duty as an MP at NASNI in San Diego. I was on 2 Destroyer Tenders (USS Cape Cod and USS Jason) as well as 1 Aircraft Carrier (USS Ranger).

And thanks for the kind comments. Although I never set foot on Kuwaiti soil, sitting in the Persian Gulf for 3 months at a time was something I don't wish on anybody. The heat alone reached 120 degrees in the galley with 5 minute fluid breaks every 15 minutes. It was unbearable at times. I can only imagine what the ground troops go through over there now.

What is an MS2? I can only imagine how hot those things can get. Hard to believe no AC on an ACC. A bud of mine was stuck on the Lex for 3.5/4 years. He never went anywhere except Norfolk, and New Orleans, main port was Pensacola. He was a boiler tender. At least you had a few different ships.

A whole month? Like, everyday?

The last time I went a month without drinking I was 12.

And if you don't want to try this because you enjoy drinking too much what does that mean?

Simply saying... it's a good test if one thinks they may have a problem. Being unable to enjoy life without alcohol for a month may be an indicator of a problem or a certain level of dependency. Most people do not have a problem with alcohol, but it's a good test of how important the role of alcohol plays in one's life. So if one questions if they drink too much, it is one way to see what drinking means to them.

And as always, usage depends on situation. A 21 year old college student versus a 35 year old mother of 2 versus a 63 year old retired man are all different situations with different expectations.

Edited by TDFFFreak

I probably have 2 or 3 beers or a scotch on weeknights, irregularly. I typically go through a 12 pack on the weekends. If I go out with friends (regardless of the night of the week), I drink large quantities of the flavor of the night.

Forutnately/unfortunately I have never had a true hangover, so have no incentive not to get plowed. The closest I get is a sinus headache if I spend too much time in a smoky bar.

Usually only drink to lay around the shanty: 2-3 times a month.

And I'm pretty much only into whiskey and bourbon. I'm very picky on beer and wine to the point where I drink it only on rare occasions.

Simply saying... it's a good test if one thinks they may have a problem. Being unable to enjoy life without alcohol for a month may be an indicator of a problem or a certain level of dependency.

It's only a problem if I can't get alcohol for a month. But I live in America, pal!

I'll never need to know if going a month without alcohol would be a problem... so it's not a problem!

It's only a problem if I can't get alcohol for a month. But I live in America, pal!

I'll never need to know if going a month without alcohol would be a problem... so it's not a problem!

But you can't gamble on them internets while you drink. :wacko: