[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obama Speech in Berlin

TheShiznit

From NBC's Mark Murray

In his interview with NBC's Kelly O'Donnell, which will air on NBC's Nightly News tonight, McCain questions whether Obama should have given a speech in Berlin before becoming president.

"I would rather speak at a rally or a political gathering any place outside of the country after I am president of the United States," McCain told O'Donnell. "But that's a judgment that Sen. Obama and the American people will make."

However, on June 20, McCain himself gave a speech in Canada -- to the Economic Club of Canada -- in which he applauded NAFTA's successes. An implicit message behind that speech was that Obama had been critical of the trade accord. Also, McCain's trip to Canada was paid for by the campaign.

McCain has a geography problem. Not only does he think Canada isn't outside the country, he also referred to the Iraq Pakistan border a few days ago. This will have come as a surprise to Iran, which keeps the two countries hundreds of miles apart.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCain has a geography problem. Not only does he think Canada isn't outside the country, he also referred to the Iraq Pakistan border a few days ago. This will have come as a surprise to Iran, which keeps the two countries hundreds of miles apart.

not to mention afghanistan!

Yes and I think we should elect whoever is the smoothest talker, because that's the most important thing about being the president, esp in this image-is-everything society. :wacko:

If you want to vote for the guy with the nicest ass, that's your business.

Yes and I think we should elect whoever is the smoothest talker, because that's the most important thing about being the president, esp in this image-is-everything society. :wacko:

Has Bush lowered our standards so far that we're now equating actually being able to deliver an effective speech as being a "smooth talker"?

So, if the POTUS isn't a stammering idiot then he's some slick con man who's all about image?

Great, then vote Carl from Sling Blade. I'll choose the guy who can motivate people.

Edited by detlef

:wacko::D:D

Other McCain "oopses":

Vladimir Putin is the President of Germany

Czechoslovakia still exists apparently......but only in McCain's head

Iran is training Al-Qaeda (presumably despite Al Qaeda being Sunni and Iran being Athenae)

And the surge predated the Anbar Awakening......if you live in an entirely parallel universe.

Folks, this guy is way too old to be president.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Boortz pretty much sums up my opinion on the matter...

No, the euros will do everything that they can to make us weaker and eventually when they get their wish the Chineese will take them over and we won't be there to help this time.

I can't find that study

Why did he link to the Gallup poll, but not the Pew study?

Not that it matters. I want the US government to be weakened too. This should be a government of the people, not against us.

I figured someone would go searching for the story. Ok, fine, you win. I can't find it either and don't feel like expending more energy on it.

That pretty much makes you a big mouth jackass then doesn't it?

I figured someone would go searching for the story. Ok, fine, you win. I can't find it either and don't feel like expending more energy on it.

I guess I just wanted to read the wording to learn more about in what way they meant "weakened".

Do they wish we weren't so dominant in world economics?

Do they wish we didn't go swinging our dicks around toppling governments we didn't like?

Do they wish we'd take it a little easier with the nuclear arsenal?

Do they wish that our country would fall into anarchy and disarray?

In some of those cases I would have expected a higher number, but Bortz seemed to be leaning toward option 4, that they want us to actually elect incompetent leadership, which makes no sense whatsoever.

I could care less about what the German think of us. I just want my taxes to stay down.

Then lets not recklessly decide to occupy any more foreign countries for a little while. That ought to save some cash.

So you're the reason the politic threads get locked??

People like Chavez ruin this place.

I guess my thought on that was that they didn't want us to have more influence in the world than they do.

Then why would they want Obama? He's charismatic and influential, and wants to go out there and be diplomatic with the world powers...

If they really want us to have less influence, they should support a Bush-type-guy who will continue to make us hated and mocked.

Edited by AtomicCEO

Then why would they want Obama? He's charismatic and influential, and wants to go out there and be diplomatic with the world powers...

If they really want us to have less influence, they should support a Bush-type-guy who will continue to make us hated and mocked.

So maybe they want us to be diplomatic because they think we'll have less influence than if we actually take action.

So maybe they want us to be diplomatic because they think we'll have less influence than if we actually take action.

Diplomacy is action.

If you consider the Iraq War "influence", I guess I'd have to ask what the intended result of our influence was, and if we met that goal.

I'm afraid you're right. I like the fact that he's a scrapper and he's not Obama, but I think he's losing it faster than Reagan.

He is, and considering geography is a pretty important adjunct to foreign policy - Iraq and Pakistan border? - McCain's supposed strong suit, it doesn't bode well for the Republicans. The Democrats haven't even started to make hay with this yet.

He also wants to work with our allies. He wants mutual cooperation where we can find common ground.

Recent era republicans want to take action alone and want other world powers to go along with our actions. There is no interraction in such a relationship.

And military action is not the only kind of action(Atlanta Cracker).