[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rented a couple of movies...

DemonKnight

So I rented "There Will Be Blood" and "Juno" last night. I thought TWBB was an amazing story and Daniel Day Lewis was awesome. It was also cool to see the kid from "Little Miss Sunshine" as the preacher dude. I am actually going to watch this movie again tonight. A big :wacko::D.

On the other hand I really thought "Juno" sucked. Is anyone else as sick with the whole Jeanine Garafalo, Winona Ryder, pseudo-intellectual, cool chick thing as I am? The only redeeming factor for this movie was the soundtrack. I love Kimaya Dawson. This movie gets a big meh from me.

On the other hand I really thought "Juno" sucked. Is anyone else as sick with the whole Jeanine Garafalo, Winona Ryder, pseudo-intellectual, cool chick thing as I am? The only redeeming factor for this movie was the soundtrack. I love Kimaya Dawson. This movie gets a big meh from me.

I thought Juno was really good for what it was, but it's not targeted to us. On the other hand, I hated the soundtrack. :wacko:

I thought Juno was really good for what it was, but it's not targeted to us. On the other hand, I hated the soundtrack. :wacko:

Kimaya Dawson is defenitly an acquired taste. You kinda have to like the Moldy Peaches before you can diig her stuff.

I liked TWBB. Great acting and all, but not something I would watch a second time.

Juno, on the other hand, is something I would. Very good writing and a likable character.

Side note: The Juno actress looks too much like the kid from the 6th Sense.

So no love for There Will Be Blood? I thought it was one of the best movies I've seen in years.

Outstanding movie and a f'ed up ending. Very tough flick that was well worth the effort.

Funny, we rented something vaguely similar this weekend that's a great blast from the past for those who've seen it and something you need to see for those who haven't. The Man Who Would Be King. That is one cool movie.

Kimaya Dawson is defenitly an acquired taste. You kinda have to like the Moldy Peaches before you can diig her stuff.
I really liked the soundtrack. It was pretty quirky cool.

You guys will have to excuse my music snobness... I studied Jazz and took tons of theory class, which automatically makes me an elitist ass when it comes to music.

My big recommendation these days is Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. I don't understand how this film kind of went nowhere. It's absolutely hillarious

To Gay Perry: "Hi Perry...still gay?"

"Nah, swimmin' in pu$$y, but I liked the name to much to change it"

You guys will have to excuse my music snobness... I studied Jazz and took tons of theory class, which automatically makes me an elitist ass when it comes to music.

My first year of college I was a music major and I quickly realized theory took the soul out of music. I'm so glad I ended my studies of music. I still like jazz and complicated music but there's so much beauty in simplicity. I'm sorry for your music snobbery.

So I rented "There Will Be Blood" and "Juno" last night. I thought TWBB was an amazing story and Daniel Day Lewis was awesome. It was also cool to see the kid from "Little Miss Sunshine" as the preacher dude. I am actually going to watch this movie again tonight. A big :wacko::D.

Agree with the terrific acting comments, but this was a boring story that had at least an hour that could have been cut out and would have still gotten Day-Lewis an Oscar.

I thought this one worked OK. I found the story a little more interesting than average. The script was so hip it hurt there for awhile, but at some point the main actors kind of began making you forgive the punchy dialogue. And it had that Michael Cera kid who is the most lovable teenage nerd actor since AM Hall.

And I saw Kimya Dawson perform yesterday. I would rather unknowingly poopy my pants before sitting down on a hardwood chair than have to sit through that again.

And I saw Kimya Dawson perform yesterday. I would rather unknowingly poopy my pants before sitting down on a hardwood chair than have to sit through that again.

Was she pimpin the bunny suit? I liked Moldy Peaches much more than her solo gig. I think its hilarious when my kids sing "Whos got the Crack"..

• 2 weeks later...

Werd up on Kiss Kiss Bang Bang! F'ing great movie! I had already added it to my queue based on the Netflix previews but bumped it to the top based on what I heard hear. Had to put the heavy sale on for the wife but she was very entertained as well.