[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Logitech Harmony remote

Double Agent

How did I ever live without this thing? Bought a blue ray player tonight and grabbed the remote too. I'm more intrigued with the remote than the blue ray.

For those with lots of components, this thing is a must. You press one button and all settings are switched automatically.

How did I ever live without this thing? Bought a blue ray player tonight and grabbed the remote too. I'm more intrigued with the remote than the blue ray.

For those with lots of components, this thing is a must. You press one button and all settings are switched automatically.

100% agree with you, I love this remote.

those things are too rich for my blood....

If you have a wife or kids that struggle turning on components you need this remote, literally push one activity button and it turns on all devices and sets them to the right inputs.

The Harmony is a good remote. Go to www.remotecentral.com if you want to really learn how to use it. The forums over there have some very knowledgeable guys and gals.

I bought a harmony 550 for like 50 bucks almost a year ago...it is amazing. I don't think I have touched any other remote I have since I bought it.

Keep your eyes open to sites like slickdeals.net, every so often these things go on sale and it is worth the money, especially if you have multiple components.

werd! If you dont have it get it. I have the 880. I would really like to upgrade to the 890 with the radio signal but I just cant justify paying that much. It would be nice to have all of the componants in a cabinent or bookshelf hidden somewhere. My wife would like the cleaner look of just a flat panel and speakers, but $300 for a remote is tough to swallow.

I forget which model I have off the top, but I love it. It was a little challenging to set up for one component, but worth it in the end. Switch from radio to DVD to DVR to CDs at the push of a button. Sweet.

werd! If you dont have it get it. I have the 880. I would really like to upgrade to the 890 with the radio signal but I just cant justify paying that much. It would be nice to have all of the componants in a cabinent or bookshelf hidden somewhere. My wife would like the cleaner look of just a flat panel and speakers, but $300 for a remote is tough to swallow.

I spent $300 on a Phillips Pronto and it is one of the best decisions I've ever made. It does both IR and X-11 so not only can I control all the components in my system, but I can also do room lighting and blinds. That and the fact that anyone can use the remote without knowing anything is beautiful. It is a touch screen remote so I set it up so that each page asks you a question. Basically, "what do you want to do?" and everything turns on automagically. A couple of hard buttons for volume and channel complete things. All in all, a beautiful system.

The only issue I had with it was I cannot get my 5 disc cd player to turn off. I lost the remote to it years ago and I've always turned it off by hand. I spent 30 minutes changing settings and then I googled my cd player. Apparently Sony made the cd player where it would not turn off by remote. Who knows why. It's really not an issue because I rarely listen to music.

Remote is the real deal. My wife saw it and panicked. She thought it would be too complicated. She had it figured out in 10 seconds.

I too love my Harmony remote. Pretty freakin' sweet.

One day I may follow Kid with that really fancy sounding remote, you know, when I get all metrosexual and stuff and want a remote for my window blinds! :D That does sounds, super sweet. :wacko:

I too love my Harmony remote. Pretty freakin' sweet.

One day I may follow Kid with that really fancy sounding remote, you know, when I get all metrosexual and stuff and want a remote for my window blinds! :D That does sounds, super sweet. :wacko:

Who needs a remote to control the blinds when you have a wife?

I spent $300 on a Phillips Pronto and it is one of the best decisions I've ever made. It does both IR and X-11 so not only can I control all the components in my system, but I can also do room lighting and blinds. That and the fact that anyone can use the remote without knowing anything is beautiful. It is a touch screen remote so I set it up so that each page asks you a question. Basically, "what do you want to do?" and everything turns on automagically. A couple of hard buttons for volume and channel complete things. All in all, a beautiful system.

Nice. The Harmaony I have is not as slick but is very easy to use. I really like the idea of having all my companents hidden somewhere. This might do it. I will check this out. I still dont know if I can swallow 3 bills on a remote. The $150 I spent was hard enough to get past the Treasurer.

I have the Harmony 676 that I picked up from Sam's Club for about $90 a year ago. All in all, I really like it. It's by far the best remote I've ever owned and I've owned quite a few universal, learning, and cheaper touch screen remotes, although nothing as sophisticated.

The only downside for me with the 1-touch changeover to different devices is that my TV (Visio) doesn't have discrete on/off commands. The remote thinks it's "intelligent" by remembering if your TV for instance is already on or off and sending the correct code, but if there isn't a discrete code then the power just toggles. This sucks when your kids have turned on the TV at the TV, but the remote still thinks the TVs off.

I have the Harmony 676 that I picked up from Sam's Club for about $90 a year ago. All in all, I really like it. It's by far the best remote I've ever owned and I've owned quite a few universal, learning, and cheaper touch screen remotes, although nothing as sophisticated.

The only downside for me with the 1-touch changeover to different devices is that my TV (Visio) doesn't have discrete on/off commands. The remote thinks it's "intelligent" by remembering if your TV for instance is already on or off and sending the correct code, but if there isn't a discrete code then the power just toggles. This sucks when your kids have turned on the TV at the TV, but the remote still thinks the TVs off.

easy fix, put some duct tape over the on/off switch

I too hate toggle codes. My CD player is just loaded with them and it's a real beotch to to program the remote to know if you're in one cd or all cd, shuffle or non-shuffle mode in such a way that the wife (or visiting children) don't get confused.