[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I guess that is one strategy, Sen. McCain...

cre8tiff

:wacko: give me a f8cking break.

it's ok for his supporters to call him "the one" and all that ridiculous crap, but if someone pokes a little fun at that they are subtly suggesting he is the anti-christ? oh and let's conjure a little willy horton to try and throw some racism schitt at the fan as well. pathetic.

it's ok for his supporters to call him "the one" and all that ridiculous crap, but if someone pokes a little fun at that they are subtly suggesting he is the anti-christ? oh and let's conjure a little willy horton to try and throw some racism schitt at the fan as well. pathetic.

Can you cite one single source from a democrat that has referred to Obama as the Messiah or "The One"? First, that would be helpful. Other than that, I thought the ad was funny.

I'm still waiting for McCain to come to my house and make fun of my wife for using the receycling bin more than the trash can. She hasn't used the dryer since April. Maybe that's something he could make fun of too.

Can you cite one single source from a democrat that has referred to Obama as the Messiah or "The One"? First, that would be helpful. Other than that, I thought the ad was funny.

you might spend some time perusing this site. in addition to oprah, a couple of my favorites...

democratic congressman jesse jackson jr:

“I cried all night. I’m going to be crying for the next four years,” he said. “What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation’s political history. ... The event itself is so extraordinary that another chapter could be added to the Bible to chronicle its significance.”

filmmaker spike lee:

Lee predicted Obama would be elected in November.

"When that happens, it will change everything. ... You'll have to measure time by `Before Obama' and `After Obama,'" Lee said during the panel. "It's an

exciting time to be alive now." ...

"Everything's going to be affected by this seismic change in the universe," he said.

and this letter to the editor

For anyone African-American, I do not doubt that Obama's accomplishment of being a favored candidate for POTUS is a powerful thing. That they feel so powerfully and express it in terms that offend conservative white sensibilities is not reflective of the entirety, or even the majority of Obama supporters.

However, it is a big step from a demographic group celebrating a historic event that is signifying a hugh advancement in the racial environment of the US to the staid, white establishment candidate calling the young, black candidate the "antichrist". McCain's descent into snide blinky-eyed sarcasm is truly sad.

fair enough....I just don't spend time reading all that stuff. Why would anyone call him the one or messiah is beyond me....but McCain's ad was funny.

it's an odd phenomenon, certainly worth poking a little fun at as long as you don't mind being called a racist who portrays his opponent as the anti-christ :wacko:

it's an odd phenomenon, certainly worth poking a little fun at as long as you don't mind being called a racist who portrays his opponent as the anti-christ :wacko:

McCain is subtly fanning the embers of racism in his most of his ads. And he is the first to cry "DISCRIMINATION" the moment any Democrat mentions his age.

However, it is a big step from a demographic group celebrating a historic event that is signifying a hugh advancement in the racial environment of the US to the staid, white establishment candidate calling the young, black candidate the "antichrist".

you're right, that's a pretty big step. except the people making it are on obama's side. find me a prominent mccain supporter who has even uttered the word "antichrist" in connection with obama. and I don't mean some lunatic fringe blog, I can find one of those calling anybody the antichrist.

McCain is subtly fanning the embers of racism in his most of his ads. And he is the first to cry "DISCRIMINATION" the moment any Democrat mentions his age.

You mean the ad that states something like McCain - an AMERICAN president for America?

you're right, that's a pretty big step. except the people making it are on obama's side. find me a prominent mccain supporter who has even uttered the word "antichrist" in connection with obama. and I don't mean some lunatic fringe blog, I can find one of those calling anybody the antichrist.

You're decrying using blogs as support for an argument and yet you did just the same above? :wacko:

:D oh man. "subtly fanning the embers of racism"? what, by showing obama's picture? "conjuring willie horton", right? :wacko:

and please give me just ONE instance of mccain "crying 'DISCRIMINATION'".

I can only read one lunatic fringe blog a day, and the obama messiah blog you pointed me to has expended my quota.

Besides that's a straw man argument. "Even though I made biblical references and visual imagery that strongly suggest you are the antichrist, I never actually SAID you were the antichrist."

"Even though I placed imagery of chanting crowds and suggestions of Germany pre-world war two, I never actually SAID you were Hitler or a demigogue."

"Even though I smell like I crapped my Depends, I never actually SAID I crapped my Depends."

It is nothing but insult politics, the last refuge for a candidate with tired, rehashed ideas.

So you buy into McCain saying this is all jokes/humor?

You're decrying using blogs as support for an argument and yet you did just the same above? :D

:wacko: I linked to two blogs to support an argument. one, as a collection of stories and such from around the innernets about the weird cult of obama phenomenon. the other as an example of lunatic fringe kooks calling anyone and everyone the antichrist. what's the perceived inconsistency here again? :D