[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm virused up

loaf

the damn thing won't even finish booting now. it gets to where the programs begin loading down by the clock and then freezes. Every time. In safe mode it's just a big black screen. I think she's a goner...

the damn thing won't even finish booting now. it gets to where the programs begin loading down by the clock and then freezes. Every time. In safe mode it's just a big black screen. I think she's a goner...

Format C: and reload the OS. It's the only way to be certain.

In the hour it takes to fix the problem, you can reformat and really fix the problem.

Hopefully, you were a good boy and backed up every 3 minutes like Windows recommends. :wacko:

reach out, feel the force.....

My dad just had the same issue. Finally called Geek Squad. They fixed it in about 30 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to have had the same virus. :D

Use another computer to do the downloads, and burn to flash drive, this is currently one of the best free programs I have found for new malware, which is what you have: http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Also, download and run this: http://vundofix.atribune.org/

Install and run both in safe mode, you can also download and run the trial version of webroots spysweeper.

I have found these tools to far surpass what adaware and spybot currently do.

I did what H8 suggested, (other than using a second computer), and everything seems to have worked out. :wacko:

H8 is good for something around here. TY