[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

John Lackey Kicked Us Out of a Bar

darin3

:wacko:

So I'm in SoCal for a few days for work and a "local" fantasy draft, and just so happens that one of my best friends from high school is down here from NoCal for a fantasy draft himself, so we meet up for some beers and Olympic hoops watching at a buddy's place and then head out to one of our local watering holes for some more pops. We're a shot and half pitcher in where our buddy puts on a quizzical face and says "dude, is that John Lackey?". At first, I say no... he looked too short. But after further inspection, yeah, it was Lackey. Now, I'm "from" Texas, so I knew I'd have an "in". So I worked my way up to the bar (the bartenders were letting Lackey "guest bartend") and I say "Hey Lackey! What's up from Texas!" That got his attention, and we were immediately rappin' about all things Texas. I come to find out that he wasn't the only major leaguer behind the bar. Joe Nathan (closer for the Twinnies) was also back there (the Twins and Halos had played earlier that night) and a couple other guys. Torii Hunter rolls in and is standing next to me as I'm rapping with Lackey. Anyways, after telling Nathan that "his ERA is straight-up SICK this season", I wander back to my buddies. They announce "last call", which is notoriously early at this place, and my buddy gets his hands on the other guy's iPhone, and starts snapping photos. Here's what ensues:

Buddy who looks like GTS kickin' it with Torii Hunter

John Lackey finally having enough of my buddy snapping pics :D

So yeah, just another fun night in Costa Mesa, CA. :D

I wonder if John Lackey is on the internet somewhere posting a message about how he got to meet Darin last night. :wacko:

I'm guessing he's still catchin' z's... as I'm sure he and the rest of the boys were out 'til at least 4am with a bunch of the bar hoochies.

which place is that?

Goat Hill Tavern on Newport. I think they've done some promotions w/ the Halos or advertising or something. They have t-shirts that are in the Angels' "font style" that say "Goat", etc. So I guess they've been "connected" for some time...