[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Band members

whomper

The band consisted of Myself at bass, two guitar players, a drummer and a percussionist, and two keyboard players. Let me tell you, the one singer [who played keyboards] had both Roger's and Davids voice down to a T. We spent months perfecting comfortably numb and it really sounded good. We would warm up each practice with any song off of animals.

strangely enough, I just stumbled across

today. :wacko:

Hm. . .missed this thread the first time around.

I was in about 4 or 5 bands between high school and college. I played drums in the first few, and bass in the last one, which was the most successful. In one review we were described as "a wild mixture of Helmet meets Frank Zappa." I wrote most of the material, so I took that review as a compliment. We opened for quite a few bigger acts including White Zombie.

Edited by SheikYerbuti

I know a decent amount of huddlers are in or have been in bands in the past. I was just curious as to the backrounds on your bands. I dont know what made me think about this.

I have played guitar since I was a freshman in High school. I was in my first band my Junior year in high School. We did originals and covers. We used to cover a lot of Van Halen and made a few demo tapes. I am still very good friends with the singer of that band. We had a great time playing the local clubs and at local events and that type of thing. When I was in college I got into a band that was a bit more serious. The band was called Bellhouse (We had a tape of Muddy waters and he used that term to describe how the blues should be sung) Me and the other guitar player are still pretty tight. We played good old fashioned rock n roll . Our singer was this crazy black guy. It is a hugh regret of mine that we didnt get farther than we did because I really felt like we had what it took. Typical band stuff did us in (lost a bass player and had a tough time replacing / ego crazy singer etc). We used to play all over NYC. The experience was awesome and I really loved the tunes .

After that I never played in an organized band again and now I am a couch player. I am not the type of player that can sit there on my own and entertain the hell out of you for a long period of time but in the scheme of that band we had nice chemistry. I loved coming up with the riffs and the other guitar player was an awesome player. He played a style that was very different from mine (open tuning / slide etc) But it worked when we played together. I have a demo on tape. If I could figure out a way to get a tape downloaded to a comp I would post our stuff. Or I should say if Atomic can figure it out when I ask him :tup:

What about the other huddle band members . Past and present. Whats your story ?

Found a picture of Whompers band!!

he is the guy on the right . . .. :wacko:

Played the drums for a college band called "Four Letters". We were really loud and really not very talented, and our singer was more of a drunken growler. I still play some country with one of my childhood buddies, just playing for family and friends and such. We call ourselves "Spit & Cuss". I'm Spit. My buddy is a comedic type, so I basically just keep the rhythm and sing backup and let him do his thing.