[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

fantasy hockey

sven

Guest Azazello13
Bier Meister:

I'm interested, but not sure what my schedule will be.  It makes it hard to commit.  Never done Hockey- so not sure how to predraft (or if i'd want to).

they've got a pretty simple java app that you can use to go in and prioritize all the players (editing yahoo's rather lame rankings) and kind of create your own cheatsheet. if you miss the draft, it will go off your rankings to fill out your team. but i think it fills every starting position before it takes backups. you'll end up with a team you like IF you make sure to edit their pre-rankings for your team.

Guest Azazello13
HUGH ONE:

Welcome back Az, where ya been?

i've been in hockey hibernation, like everyone else. aside from that, most of my fantasy football time has been spent actually managing my teams and such, instead of all the offseason BS-ing.

btw, sven already posted the needed league info:

At yahoo fantasy hockey, i started a league.

ID #: 34933

Password: thehuddle

still only 5 teams in there, so get on over anyone who hasn't!

Password: thehuddle

Guest Azazello13
Sushi:

Oops.  Looks like I can't run the live draft applet, so I won't be able to live draft at all.  Go auto-picker!!!

i've got the java engine executable that fixes that on my machine at home, if anyone needs it. you can't download it from microsoft anymore, for whatever reason. just email me if you need it (dkeener13@aol.com).

I count 11 teams in the league right now, if it helps I can move the draft to the weekend.

When does the season actually start, i put the draft on one of the last days that they offered, not thinking that the season may have started by then.

Let me know what works best for everyone

sven:

I count 11 teams in the league right now, if it helps I can move the draft to the weekend.

When does the season actually start, i put the draft on one of the last days that they offered, not thinking that the season may have started by then.

Let me know what works best for everyone

Oct 9, i think.

I'm in, Hugh's Hammers. Play that dang Trojan fan first game. Growing up in L.A. you either liked the Trojans or the Bruins. NOT both. I'm a Bruin guy through and through so this is a great first game IMO. Sounds like fun. I've only been in one Fantasy Hockey league before, but it was a gas.

Oh yeah, Sunday would be better for me, the earlier the better (PST) as it's my Birthday weekend.

Uh, with my first pick I'll take Pavel Bure wink

Sha-KaKa:

I'm in, Hugh's Hammers. Play that dang Trojan fan first game. Growing up in L.A. you either liked the Trojans or the Bruins. NOT both. I'm a Bruin guy through and through so this is a great first game IMO. Sounds like fun. I've only been in one Fantasy Hockey league before, but it was a gas.

Oh yeah, Sunday would be better for me, the earlier the better (PST) as it's my Birthday weekend.

Uh, with my first pick I'll take Pavel Bure wink

LOL...figures...I move to NY to get away from the Bruins and who do I play in my first game? A Bruin! hehe..actually, I have many Bruin friends so this should be a fun matchup. I've been in 2 fantasy hockey leagues before and they are a blast, especially when in a league with guys who live in real hockey regions. My first hockey league was with a bunch of SoCals and it was fun but in my last league we had a bunch of Canadians and it was just all the better. Looking forward to the competition. Good luck folks :D