[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another dog issue

Chief Dick

Here's the story. I live on a corner lot. Lots of people in my neighborhood like to walk their dogs, and there are some that walk by everyday. I am friendly with all of them, and most of them control their dogs.

However, there has been one person, and I'm not sure who it is, who allows their dog to crap on my lawn, and then not pick it up. This burns my ass, mainly because I like to keep a nice lawn and don't want me or my kids stepping in another dogs poop. I believe this same person allows their dogs to pee on my bushes, and so I have had issues with a bush showing damage from repeated urinating.

So what to do? I thought about putting up a sign that says "Pick up your dog's crap". I have also thought about scooping the poop back on the sidewalk with a sign stuck in it that says " Is this your dog's crap?"

The bush thing is a mild irritant in that I know dogs mark their territory, but I don't want to have to buy another bush.

Any ideas?

Ask Hitter to borrow his dog for a day :wacko:

I had the same problem. I could narrow down the time frame in which I thought it was occurring. I did a stake out and caught the offending parties... And shot the owner with a BB gun. Hasn't happened since.

CD. If you find out exactly who this is you should seriously either lay into them with all of your might or put the Dog crap in there mailbox. This is absolutely unacceptable and disrespectful.

Edited by whomper

If you have a HOA you could bring it up with them. Me, I would go CSI like on this and do DNA samples on the poo and try to match it up with the perpetrator. But seriously this is so annoying and lazy for a dog owner to do. If you can't clean up your dogs poo you shouldn't own a dog.

I too live on a corner lot and people walk there dogs a lot, however almost everyone walks around with a bag and cleans it up afterward. It's in the HOA bylaws. Personally I'd just make a sign and hang it above the bush that keeps getting pissed on stating something along the lines of "this is what dog piss does to a bush, knock it off dumbass. If your dog poops in my yard you better clean it up to avoid finding it burning on your front porch!"