[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ike looking nasty

CaP'N GRuNGe

No kidding.

It is a freakin mess down here. Just got power back, and shockingly the cable worked. I live on the highest point in League City and another foot of surge, we would have been part of the lake. Clear Lake Shores and Kemah, less than 1/2 mile from my house are completely decimated.

We have enough food, water and gas to last the week, so we should be fine. The schools, businesses, grocery stores, all are closed.

:wacko: Kemah is gone? My wife's sister and family live down there (by the Wal-Mart) and we thought they were going back home soon.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got relatives in Kemah as well and they can't get back to their home yet to find out what happened to it...

Strange as when we were deciding where to move to from Cali, Kemah came in second behind Austin...looks/feels a lot like the San Francisco bay area...without the hills, TransAmerica pyramid, Coit and Sutro towers of course... :wacko:

I've got relatives in Kemah as well and they can't get back to their home yet to find out what happened to it...

Strange as when we were deciding where to move to from Cali, Kemah came in second behind Austin...looks/feels a lot like the San Francisco bay area...without the hills, TransAmerica pyramid, Coit and Sutro towers of course... :wacko:

Understatement of the year: you chose wisely. :D

:wacko: Kemah is gone? My wife's sister and family live down there (by the Wal-Mart) and we thought they were going back home soon.

By the Walmart was passable. By the Target and Home Depot is still blocked. The Kemah Bridge was closed last time I tried to make it through there.

The side of 146 facing the bay was under several feet of water yesterday. Our water level is back down to the normal hide tide mark. I would not recommend coming back for a couple more days. All the schools are closed until further notice and none of the grocery stores have perishable items.

A friend of ours now has a 60' boat sitting on the bottom of a yacht club near Galveston. The top 4' or so of it are above the surface. Here are some pictures, you may have to create a free account to use.

Pictures of club