[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Only in America

Big Score 1

about 5 million tax payer dollars.

But hey, I'd take that money too.

I'm sure your experience as a business executive gives you a good perspective on what specifically you would have expected him to have accomplished in two months. Feel free to elucidate.

I'm sure your experience as a business executive gives you a good perspective on what specifically you would have expected him to have accomplished in two months. Feel free to elucidate.

Now see that's just not nice. You shouldn't make him go upstairs and borrow the dictionary from his mother.

Yeah Willumstad had an employment contract which is completely legal, but what the government could have easily done is to make the tax payer financed bailout conditional upon all AIG executives voluntarily making their golden parachute contracts null & void & made this condition public knowledge.

:wacko: Gee.....isn't this what the government is now doing with their newest bailout?

I wonder why they didn't put this same provision in with the AIG bailout?

Oh well too late, Willumstad already got his tax payer funded $5,000,000.00 golden parachute & apparently there's no way to recoup it retroactively. :D

Oh well too late, Willumstad already got his tax payer funded $5,000,000.00 golden parachute & apparently there's no way to recoup it retroactively. :wacko:

Whatever happened to the goold ole days of the mob going to his house, breaking in and taking our stuff he stole from us back? I miss the good ole days.

Fishman was the CEO of WAMU for less than 3 weeks....

He is getting approx 21 mil in his parachute! :wacko:

Wow.

I'm pretty sure that's not what the board had in mind when putting that employment contract together...

...however...

I wonder if, in bankruptcy, employment contracts wouldn't fall in with all other unsecured creditors and in line after secured creditors when determining who gets paid what...

Edited by muck