[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QB Kevin O’Connell Sleeper potential

gasface

There’s a growing faction in Foxborough that believes rookie QB Kevin O’Connell should be considered for the starting job if Matt Cassel continues to struggle. Having started four years at San Diego State, O’Connell’s playing experience actually trumps Cassel’s, and his teammates have perhaps more trust in him than they do in Cassel, a fourth-year Patriot. As one team source told us, “You know (the players) aren’t crazy about Matt when the best they say about him is that he’s ‘enthusiastic.’ No team wants a glorified cheerleader running their offense.”

Pats homer here....I say give O'Connell a chance. I really thought that they'd finally cut ties with him and start O'Connell the last game.

My take is that with Cassell at the helm, if the Pats are backed into a corner, he doesn't have the confidence to throw deep routes to possible turn a game around. You can only get so far with 10 yard completions to Welker.

I say give him a chance...I'm not sure why the loyalty to Cassell while the team suffers.

Pats homer here....I say give O'Connell a chance. I really thought that they'd finally cut ties with him and start O'Connell the last game.

My take is that with Cassell at the helm, if the Pats are backed into a corner, he doesn't have the confidence to throw deep routes to possible turn a game around. You can only get so far with 10 yard completions to Welker.

I say give him a chance...I'm not sure why the loyalty to Cassell while the team suffers.

That offense won a SB in 2001. The major differences were that the defense played well and that they had an effective running game.

There’s a growing faction in Foxborough that believes rookie QB Kevin O’Connell should be considered for the starting job if Matt Cassel continues to struggle. Having started four years at San Diego State, O’Connell’s playing experience actually trumps Cassel’s, and his teammates have perhaps more trust in him than they do in Cassel, a fourth-year Patriot. As one team source told us, “You know (the players) aren’t crazy about Matt when the best they say about him is that he’s ‘enthusiastic.’ No team wants a glorified cheerleader running their offense.”

I live 15 minutes from Gillette.....what 'growing faction in Foxborough' do you speak of? I havent seen..heard...read aything about this...??

all i've read is that the players are behind Matt and believe they can win with him

for what it's worth, Matt wasn't playing defense last week when Ronnie Brown scored 4 and threw for one....I think players should be more concerned about that....

I predict a bounce back game for Matt and a good game from Moss

I live 15 minutes from Gillette.....what 'growing faction in Foxborough' do you speak of? I havent seen..heard...read aything about this...??

all i've read is that the players are behind Matt and believe they can win with him

for what it's worth, Matt wasn't playing defense last week when Ronnie Brown scored 4 and threw for one....I think players should be more concerned about that....

I predict a bounce back game for Matt and a good game from Moss

He wasnt playing defense, but he sure wasnt helping the defense. He wasnt getting first downs to keep the defense OFF the field. If Cassel doesnt step up his game, I have no doubt they will make another swich at qb.