[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Slaton

Big Ernie McCracken

I watched the entire game, and this kid is a bonafide feature back. He tough between the tackles, he's effective inside the 5 and at the goal line, he's an above average receiver, and a very solid pass blocker. Early favorite for ROY IMO.

I'd pick Matt Ryan or Forte first.

Let's revisit this in 3 weeks - I think some people will be changing their tunes after some of the matchups he's got coming down the pipe . . .

Let's revisit this in 3 weeks - I think some people will be changing their tunes after some of the matchups he's got coming down the pipe . . .

Sterling Sharpe said he thought he was the best rookie RB this year. I'm not arguing(I like him a lot) just think so far he isn't ROY worthy.

He's a good young RB, but with his team sinking every week and him sharing carries ROY may be a stretch.

Fantasy-wise, I'm not worried about him sharing carries. I think he's a lock for 15-18 carries a game just because of his big play potential. Not worried about Ahman Green even if he stays healthy, explosive for him is a 10-yard run. The most encouraging thing this week is that he scored two 1-yard TDs.

Slaton went for over 100 yards rushing and a TD vs TEN DEF ! It doesnt get much tougher than the TEN D. And then he put over 100 yards and a score on JAX.

The only tough D he has left is BAL.

I think you need to look at the schedule. Lions, Bengals, Browns, etc

Slaton went for over 100 yards rushing and a TD vs TEN DEF ! It doesnt get much tougher than the TEN D. And then he put over 100 yards and a score on JAX.

This was my thought as well. The only team he has not produced was against Pitt. He only got 13 carries that game and they abandoned the run.

This was my thought as well. The only team he has not produced was against Pitt. He only got 13 carries that game and they abandoned the run.

Well I think he might have been talking to the ROY haters. :wacko:

my point exactly

Forte or Chris Johnson for ROY before Slaton so far...

I don't know about that - on a per touch basis (recall that Slaton has played in 1 fewer games than the other 2), Slaton is actually outperforming both CJ and Forte.

I don't know about that - on a per touch basis (recall that Slaton has played in 1 fewer games than the other 2), Slaton is actually outperforming both CJ and Forte.

I hope there isn't a clear winner this year. I'd like to see different players discussed. When did Colston turn it on when he won it?

For craps and giggles:

Slaton - 57 carries for 285 yards (5 ypc) and 3 TDs; 16 receptions for 100 yards and 1 TD;

Forte - 107 carries for 382 yards (3.56 ypc) and 2 TDs; 22 receptions for 172 yards and 2 TDs;

Chris Johnson - 85 carries for 381 yards (4.48 ypc) and 2 TDs; 12 receptions for 69 yards and 1 TD; and

DeSean Jackson - 5 carries for 49 yards; 23 receptions for 335 yards and a TD; 1 punt return TD.

Each of the above has played in 4 games except for Slaton, who has played in 3 (if you extrapolate his numbers out to 4 games, you get roughly 76 carries for 380 yards, 21 receptions for 133 yards and 5 total TDs). Call me crazy, but Slaton has put up the best numbers thus far - I'd go with Forte if his ypc weren't so abysmal, but a lot of his appeal is due to the simple fact that he gets so many touches.