[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

hedge fund manager's good bye letter

dmarc117

Recently, on the front page of Section C of the Wall Street Journal, a hedge fund manager who was also closing up shop (a $300 million fund), was quoted as saying, "What I have learned about the hedge fund business is that I hate it." I could not agree more with that statement. I was in this game for the money. The low hanging fruit, i.e. idiots whose parents paid for prep school, Yale, and then the Harvard MBA, was there for the taking. These people who were (often) truly not worthy of the education they received (or supposedly received) rose to the top of companies such as AIG, Bear Stearns and Lehman Brothers and all levels of our government. All of this behavior supporting the Aristocracy, only ended up making it easier for me to find people stupid enough to take the other side of my trades. God bless America.

And there we have it. Stupid but well-connected people failed to even understand what was happening.

For those choosing to think the guy's an a-hole.....

He didn't make the rules or create the sub-prime mortgage. He saw an opening and he took it. I've got no problem at all with what he had to say or how he made his fortune. It IS the American way after all.

Seriously, Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian was that all about?

That did seem a bit of a tangent but I suppose his point was the fact that our inane aversion to hemp, which could be hugely beneficial, is rooted in it's relation to the female version which, ironically, is really not as bad as people make it out to be to begin with. So, as stupid as it is to deny ourselves the benefits considering you can't get high on male hemp is even stupider when you think about the fact that even the female version isn't any worse than any number of accepted and legal drugs.

None the less, he somewhat torpedoes the efficacy of his essay, at least in the eyes of some, by evolving into yet another rant about legalizing pot.

Seriously, Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian was that all about!

I concur. The guy had me dangling on his participles until he went there. Although there may be some merit to his point about hemp, it serves no purpose in that article other than implementing doubt about his other views.

Seriously, Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian was that all about?

None the less, he somewhat torpedoes the efficacy of his essay, at least in the eyes of some, by evolving into yet another rant about legalizing pot.

I concur. The guy had me dangling on his participles until he went there. Although there may be some merit to his point about hemp, it serves no purpose in that article other than implementing doubt about his other views.

Exactly.

Well, what shouldn't be lost in all this is that the guy doesn't need to prove himself or the validity of his points to anyone. He knew this whole deal was a pile of crap and made a ton of money when everything he thought would happen, happened. So, now he's basically saying he told us so and, btw, while we're pulling our heads out of our asses, we might want to rethink our inane stance on hemp.

I am rather certain that his tangent into why Josh Gordon is not all that bad is merely why it's a really stupid reason for being afraid of hemp technology.

Simply amazing. The guy made millions on the stupidity of others and he mentions hemp and half the board thinks his views are :wacko: .

this was a goodbye fck you letter folks get a life. I'm sure he could care less about your views he is set for life and able to do whatever he likes. Proves all stoners aren't lazy, if he even is one.

Simply amazing. The guy made billions on the stupidity of others and he mentions hemp and half the board thinks his views are :wacko: .

this was a goodbye fck you letter folks get a life. I'm sure he could care less about your views he is set for life and able to do whatever he likes. Proves all stoners aren't lazy, if he even is one.

Fixed

The guy made millions on the stupidity of others and he mentions hemp and half the board thinks his views are :wacko: .

Nah...the letter was just disjointed. I enjoyed the first half of the letter. If he is so serious about the hemp issues, write a second one. I simply went from intrigued to disinterested once he brought hemp into the picture.

Nah...the letter was just disjointed. I enjoyed the first half of the letter. If he is so serious about the hemp issues, write a second one. I simply went from intrigued to disinterested once he brought hemp into the picture.

Exactly. But stoners are stupid.