[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kid Cid does NYC and Miami

Kid Cid

So the wife has a business trip scheduled for next week and she insits that I tag along. So, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday I'll be in New York City (we're staying in Times Square). Wednesday night, Thursday and Friday I'll be in Miami (Staying in Coconut Grove). Saturday is a trip to the Everglades with Sat night in Ft Lauderdale (near the airport).

So who's up for a beer?

That should work. Beer is good. Sunday football and beer in NY?

I was thinking about finding a place to watch the games. We'll be traveling in from CT Sunday morning so I'm not exactly sure what time we'll arrive and knowing the way my wife plans things, I have no idea if I'll even have a car available. So that limits my ability to travel a bit. Other than that, it sounds like a great idea.

I was thinking about finding a place to watch the games. We'll be traveling in from CT Sunday morning so I'm not exactly sure what time we'll arrive and knowing the way my wife plans things, I have no idea if I'll even have a car available. So that limits my ability to travel a bit. Other than that, it sounds like a great idea.

There's a cool place on the Upper East Side, a subway or short cab ride from where you're staying. My only problem would be that I can only come in for the early games, so it would depend on when you got in to the City. If that doesn't work, I can probably come in Monday or Tuesday night for a beer.

So the wife has a business trip scheduled for next week and she insits that I tag along. So, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday I'll be in New York City (we're staying in Times Square). Wednesday night, Thursday and Friday I'll be in Miami (Staying in Coconut Grove). Saturday is a trip to the Everglades with Sat night in Ft Lauderdale (near the airport).

So who's up for a beer?

I'm about 75-90 minutes north of the Ft. Lauderdale Airport. I don't know any drinking establishments down that way. However, as the date approaches, let me know and I'll make the drive south to enjoy a fine ale.

Tuesday I will actually be in Florida for the day. I think we fly in at 11:30 have a 1:30 appt and fly back later in the day. Games on sunday sounds like a possibility though. Mon and Tues wouldnt work for me. Hugh maybe we can drive in together if we do this :wacko:

I'm about 75-90 minutes north of the Ft. Lauderdale Airport. I don't know any drinking establishments down that way. However, as the date approaches, let me know and I'll make the drive south to enjoy a fine ale.

Same boat for me. I'm a little closer, however. From the airport they could probably go down Las Olas. Lots of places to eat/drink there. Some what trendy though. There's also Beach Place a couple of blocks north.

Tuesday I will actually be in Florida for the day. I think we fly in at 11:30 have a 1:30 appt and fly back later in the day. Games on sunday sounds like a possibility though. Mon and Tues wouldnt work for me. Hugh maybe we can drive in together if we do this :wacko:

Where in FL are you going?

Edited by BiggieFries

Same boat for me. I'm a little closer, however. From the airport they could probably go down Las Olas. Lots of places to eat/drink there. Some what trendy though. There's also Beach Place a couple of blocks north.

Where in FL are you going?

Ft. Myers

Let me know if this is gonna be a go. I am pretty much in but would need to know soon . Thanks

This is certainly a go from my end. Ms Cid and I are looking forward to it.

This is certainly a go from my end. Ms Cid and I are looking forward to it.

Im in. I just need to know the place, location and the time and I am there. Looking forward to it KC :wacko:

So who's up for a beer?

My Sundays are set in stone.... smokin on the grill, keepin tabs on FF, watching the Jets.

I'd be up for some Monday night football.... I could get into the city for that. Whomp... what time you get off work? Maybe just a happy hour foray instead of MNF? Hugh One? That work for you? As long as there is good brew... I'm available any time after 5pm Monday....

My Sundays are set in stone.... smokin on the grill, keepin tabs on FF, watching the Jets.

I'd be up for some Monday night football.... I could get into the city for that. Whomp... what time you get off work? Maybe just a happy hour foray instead of MNF? Hugh One? That work for you? As long as there is good brew... I'm available any time after 5pm Monday....

I am leaving the city at 12 on Monday because I have teachers conference for both of my daughters in the afternoon

I am leaving the city at 12 on Monday because I have teachers conference for both of my daughters in the afternoon

The wolf was talking about a NYC get together though Rovers. It would be easy to make it another Monday night with a big crew.

It'd be a shame to miss the "kid".... but I'm on LI.... I can do the NYC thing when it works for the locals. Wolf almost got a BOTH "local" redraft league goin this year.... maybe next year. I was in untill it collapsed. The best city in the world OUGHT to have it's own local BOTH league.... :wacko:

Im in. I just need to know the place, location and the time and I am there. Looking forward to it KC :wacko:

Hugh 0ne suggested this place:

Kinsale Tavern, about a 5 minute cab ride from where you're staying, it's on 2nd Ave between 92nd and 93rd I think.

Looking to do this for the early games tomorrow so let's say 12:30.

Kinsale Tavern, about a 5 minute cab ride from where you're staying, it's on 2nd Ave between 92nd and 93rd I think.

Im in. Please PM me your cell # in case I need to get in touch with you.

Kinsale Tavern

www.kinsale.com

1672 3rd Ave # 93

New York, NY 10128

(212) 348-4370

Edited by whomper

OK. Ill be there. I will be wearing no shirt , nipple tassles , cock ring and assless chaps so you know who I am .

What a great time I had today. Victor it was great seeing you again. Hugh is truly a class act and a good guy to have a drink and good conversation with. It was great to get a chance to do it again. Mr and Mrs Cid were everything I thought they would be. In the 4 hours we spent together the conversation flowed and was effortless. I had a great time. 2 awesome people (3 counting Hugh) and I am very glad I made the trip in to meet you guys :wacko: We must do it again some time .

What a great time I had today. Victor it was great seeing you again. Hugh is truly a class act and a good guy to have a drink and good conversation with. It was great to get a chance to do it again. Mr and Mrs Cid were everything I thought they would be. In the 4 hours we spent together the conversation flowed and was effortless. I had a great time. 2 awesome people (3 counting Hugh) and I am very glad I made the trip in to meet you guys :wacko: We must do it again some time .

Thanks man, and right back at you. Great to see you again Whomp, and can't wait to do it again hopefully in the very near future. Kid Cid, awesome to meet you and your wife, you guys are great people, and I hope to get the opportunity to hang with you guys again in the future, hopefully I'll have a little more time next time we meet. Sorry for having to leave early.

A few things: Last time I saw Whomp was at the casa del Hugh. Many of you saw the pictures. With all due respect to Whomp, he was a fatassed ginzo with a pony tail. He looked like a combination of Michael Moore, Troy Polamalu, and Al Pacino. Or maybe a combination of Christopher and Tony from the Sopranos. But with a pony tail. Anywho, you get the picture. Point being, Whomp is a new man. He cut the pony tail, lost a boat load of weight, and looks great. Gheyness aside, I'd take him in the back room and give him a happy ending.

Kid Cid is a down to earth all around nice guy, and when his wife knew more about Tom Brady's college career than the rest of us homos, I knew I was in good company. Kid and Mr's Kid, enjoy the rest of your stay in NY, and have a great trip to Florida. If the Hugh's make it down to the DC area, we'll be sure to look you up, and obviously the next time you're in NY, please let us know so we can get together again.

Once again, the greatness of the huddle does not disappoint, it was an absolute pleasure to hang with my fellow esteemed huddlers today. :D

A few things: Last time I saw Whomp was at the casa del Hugh. Many of you saw the pictures. With all due respect to Whomp, he was a fatassed ginzo with a pony tail. He looked like a combination of Michael Moore, Troy Polamalu, and Al Pacino. Or maybe a combination of Christopher and Tony from the Sopranos. But with a pony tail. Anywho, you get the picture. Point being, Whomp is a new man. He cut the pony tail, lost a boat load of weight, and looks great. Gheyness aside, I'd take him in the back room and give him a happy ending.

:wacko:

Ok, now that the hangover has cleared, I can come in here and state that ms Cid and I had a great time meeting you guys yesterday. Great company and as Whomp said, conversation was very easy. AS I said then, if y'all ever make it to the DC area, please look me up.

I was just a bit surprised about one thing though. I had seen pics of Whomper before so I knew what to expect but no one told me that there would be this litle ice skating looking dude with a Vikings jersey on showing up. Some one needs to shovel a couple of cheeseburgers in Hugh. :wacko: