[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pinch me Again

i_am_the_swammi

And I thought two weeks ago was a great weekend.....I doubt this weekend could ever be repeated.

Try this on for size:

Friday: Flyers beat rival Devils in New Jersey 5-3 in opener of home-and-home series

Saturday:

7:00PM Flyers complete sweep of Devils with a 4-3 OT win

11:00PM Penn State wins at Ohio State to remain unbeaten and keep their national championship hopes well in tact

1:45AM Phillies score in the bottom of the 9th to win 5-4 and take a 2-1 series lead

Sunday:

4:00 Eagles win a must-win game over Falcons 27-14 to move to 4-3 and keep pace in the tough NFC East

11:40 Phillies smother the Rays 10-2 to take a commanding 3-1 lead, and move within a game of their first World Series in 28 years.

Monday:

approx. 11:45 ????????????? :wacko:

And I thought two weeks ago was a great weekend.....I doubt this weekend could ever be repeated.

Try this on for size:

Friday: Flyers beat rival Devils in New Jersey 5-3 in opener of home-and-home series

Saturday:

7:00PM Flyers complete sweep of Devils with a 4-3 OT win

11:00PM Penn State wins at Ohio State to remain unbeaten and keep their national championship hopes well in tact

10:05ish PM Phils and Rays start a rain delayed game 3...

Sunday:

1:45AM Phillies score in the bottom of the 9th to win 5-4 and take a 2-1 series lead

4:00 Eagles win a must-win game over Falcons 27-14 to move to 4-3 and keep pace in the tough NFC East

11:40 Phillies smother the Rays 10-2 to take a commanding 3-1 lead, and move within a game of their first World Series in 28 years.

Monday:

approx. 11:45 ????????????? :wacko:

I fixed your outline....i wonder if any other team has ever won 2 world series games in the same day like the phils just did.

oh and :D it has been a great weekend....hopefully that carries over to tonight :fingerscrossed:

I don't understand what these posts mean? If he has someone on ignore then why does he post a reply like this?

Sorry to get off topic but I was just curious?

You can have someone on ignore, but still see the threads they create...the only thing "ignored" are their posts within threads.

The bonehead put me on ignore years ago, but still clicks my threads. Gotta love it.

This would be the first championship in any sport for Philly in what ... 30 years?

25, but whose counting? :wacko:

I was 16 when the Sixers won in 1983, and had just turned 13 when the Phillies last won in 1980.

It ain't over yet with the Rays, but I can tell you, this city is ready to explode if it indeed ends tonight.

It was a good weekend. Perfect ending for me tonight would be: #1 Phillies win tonight. #2 I pull the two fantasy game wins out of my ass and go 5-2 instead of the probable 3-4.

It was good weekend for us Philadelphia fans and here's to hoping it ends well in the Phillies case. :wacko:

:wacko:

...only in Philly

while I didnt think the game would be resumed last nite the cynic in me thought for sure what would happen would

be that the game would restart around 2am and the phils would win and only those in the stadium would have seen it....outside of a few watching the tube....now it is supposed to be raining just as much today so I wonder if game 5 actually doesnt get restarted until wed....with all that said...if MLB knew that this game was going 9 innings then the 6th should have never even started...also the rays catch a break in that hamels is now done where if the game could have continued he most likely had one more inning in him....i dont feel very good about the 3 1/2 inning sprint we are going to see but at least the top of our lineup will get two swings of the bat

while I didnt think the game would be resumed last nite the cynic in me thought for sure what would happen would

be that the game would restart around 2am and the phils would win and only those in the stadium would have seen it....outside of a few watching the tube....now it is supposed to be raining just as much today so I wonder if game 5 actually doesnt get restarted until wed....with all that said...if MLB knew that this game was going 9 innings then the 6th should have never even started...also the rays catch a break in that hamels is now done where if the game could have continued he most likely had one more inning in him....i dont feel very good about the 3 1/2 inning sprint we are going to see but at least the top of our lineup will get two swings of the bat

Right you are my friend... With a delay, maybe Hamels can pitch in a game 7 if needed. :wacko: