[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any word on LJ?

Cardsfan4life89

I heard that Larry Johnson met with the commisioner yesterday but i didnt hear of any disciplinary action. do you think hes going to be out for the rest of this season?

In another thread, there was talk about 3-4 game suspension. I don't think anything definitive was release yet.

Edited by MrTed46

Chiefs await ruling on Johnson after he meets with NFL commissioner

By KENT BABB

The Kansas City Star

Chiefs GM Carl Peterson on Johnson's meeting with Goodell VIDEO

Tony Gonzalez treats seniors to a day of pampering VIDEO

Chiefs will again employ the spread offense against Tampa Bay

Quotes from Herm Edwards

While their franchise running back talked, the Chiefs waited. There might be more waiting ahead.

Larry Johnson met Tuesday in New York with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to discuss Johnson’s recent brushes with trouble, which could lead to a suspension for Kansas City’s embattled rusher.

The league has not yet ruled on a suspension, but Chiefs coach Herm Edwards said nothing Tuesday to indicate that Johnson would return to the lineup Sunday against Tampa Bay.

Other than that, Edwards said all he could do was wait and see — like everyone else — what happens to Johnson.

“They’ll do what’s right for the league,” he said. “That’s what they always do. Whatever the commissioner decides to do, we’ll stand behind him 100 percent. I know this organization does. He’ll do what’s right.

“It will all work out, whatever they decide.”

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said late Tuesday afternoon that the league had no announcement regarding Johnson’s situation and that there was no timetable for any such announcement.

“We have nothing to report on the matter,” Aiello said.

Johnson’s meeting with Goodell came a day after he turned himself in on simple-assault charges, stemming from an alleged incident at a Country Club Plaza nightclub on Oct. 10. A woman accused Johnson of spitting a drink in her face and threatening to kill her boyfriend.

Johnson was released Monday on a $500 bond. His court appearance was scheduled for Dec. 4.

Johnson has another December court appearance for a separate simple-assault charge. Another woman accused Johnson of shoving her in February at a bar in midtown Kansas City.

Johnson was deactivated for the Chiefs’ last two games, losses against Tennessee and the New York Jets. Edwards said two weeks ago that Johnson was initially benched for being late to team functions.

Johnson was benched last week because of his run-ins with trouble. His only day at practice last week was Wednesday, the same day he made a public apology for his behavior.

Chiefs president Carl Peterson said Tuesday he had not spoken with Johnson, whom the Chiefs signed last year to a multiyear contract worth $19 million guaranteed. Peterson said it would be “improper” to speak with Johnson while the NFL’s investigation was ongoing.

Peterson would not discuss whether Johnson might have played his final game with the Chiefs.

“I can’t comment on that,” Peterson said. “I don’t deal in speculation.”

So, although I haven't seen it mentioned here or elsewhere, I guess LJ is not practicing with the team? I sure could use him in spot starts if nothing else, especially this week, but if he's not practicing, I doubt Edwards will toss him in there. Any updates are welcomed, thanks.

-- Larry Johnson's Playing Status Still Uncertain --

Thu Oct 30, 2008 --from xxxxxxxxxxx.com (Competitive site)

The Kansas City Star reports Chiefs RB Larry Johnson returned to practice Wednesday, a week after his most recent practice and subsequent public apology for his recent brushes with trouble. But that doesn't mean he'll be in uniform Sunday against Tampa Bay. HC Herman Edwards hasn't announced officially that Johnson won't play, but he dropped his strongest hint yet Wednesday that Johnson won't be in the lineup. Asked whether the Chiefs would consider playing Johnson if the team's other backs were injured, Edwards said: “We still have RB Jackie Battle," referring to a running back on Kansas City's practice squad. Johnson met with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Tuesday in New York to discuss Johnson's behavior, including two simple-assault charges for separate incidents involving women. The league is considering whether Johnson violated the NFL's personal-conduct policy and should be suspended. The Chiefs made Johnson inactive the last two games. He didn't practice the final two days last week and wasn't with the team when it traveled to New York to play the Jets. On Monday, team president/general manager Carl Peterson indicated in a statement that Johnson probably wouldn't play Sunday. A day later, Peterson and Edwards said nothing to indicate Johnson's status would change.