[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers Homers

Duchess Jack

does he just suck? I realize that he is a rookie, but I kinda expected more out of him this year. what's his story?

No, I don't think he sucks, I just think he is behind three talented receivers on the depth chart. Obviously, he hasn't come on and exploded to show enough to pass Nate Washington on the depth chart. However, the coaches have said he is coming along a bit more each week. The biggest problem for him is that Nate Washington has finally put it together and is making use of his talent. I think Sweed is two years away from having any kind of consistent fantasy impact.

No, I don't think he sucks, I just think he is behind three talented receivers on the depth chart. Obviously, he hasn't come on and exploded to show enough to pass Nate Washington on the depth chart. However, the coaches have said he is coming along a bit more each week. The biggest problem for him is that Nate Washington has finally put it together and is making use of his talent. I think Sweed is two years away from having any kind of consistent fantasy impact.

I've got him on taxi, so I am in no rush - but I thought he'd be able to compete a little more with the likes of Washington.

I've got him on taxi, so I am in no rush - but I thought he'd be able to compete a little more with the likes of Washington.

Yeah, he certainly isn't exploding onto the scene. However, I think it has as much to do with Nate Washington finally getting the concentration thing down (He's shown the talent, but, dropped a lot of balls in previous years) as it does with Sweed's ability. If you can keep him on taxi, it may pay off in a couple of years, when Ward's career winds down.

totally off subject, but I chuckle at the name Limus Sweed, sounds like a crazy character out of a hollywood movie, like Depp's Sweeney Todd. Also John David Booty reminds me of serial killers and assassins....John Wilkes Booth, Henry Lee Lucas, John wayne Gacy

Sweed saw some PT vs the Giants. I thought he looked ok. It was apparent they dumbed things down for him but in his limited chances he did OK. :wacko:

If Holmes keeps screwing up, he could see more and more PT. I wouldn't say Nate Washington is a legit, long term option anyways. He's more of a 3rd WR than a legit starter even though he's improved.

Lots of good opinions here in this thread and here goes mine.

Nate Washington is probably playing at about the top of his game right now. He may get a little better but he has had enough time that he should be putting out the best, or near to the best, of what he will ever do for the Steelers. Right now that is enough to keep him ahead of Limus Sweed.

Sweed is a rookie in Pittsburgh and that means that no one was expecting this kid to be a starter any time soon. Not saying that they are holding him back but just saying that the expectaions are not to come in and move to the top of the depth chart.

He did play this week and he did fine is his limited play. Big Ben even mentioned him in his interview after the game and said that Limus did a really good job while Holmes was out of the game.

I still have a lot of hope for Sweed and if you took him in a dynasty league then there is no reason to do anything at this point but give a chance to develope.