[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Playoffs, Round 2

Hugh 0ne

Well kids, let's hear it.

Devils vs. Tampa Bay

Although Tampa played well in coming back against the Caps, and Khabibulin can stand on is head at times, I think the Devils are too much for the Lightning. Unfortunately, we'll have to watch the boring Devils win another series.

Devils in 5.

Ottawa vs. Philadelphia

This should be a great series, that will undoubtedly be decided by goaltending, or should I say lack there of. Both of these teams have tons of offensive talent. I think the extra rest by Ottawa should help as well. I also think Chechmanek does not have the ability to win a series against Ottawa.

Sens in 6

Minnesota vs. Vancouver

Man, if I hadn't just seen the Wild beat the Avalanche, this would be a no brainer. However, I still think the speed and quickness of the Wild doesn't match up to the talent of the Canucks. The factor once again could be goaltending. Cloutier did not play that well vs. St. Louis, while Fernandez, once he got the nod, played unbelievable between the pipes. Still, I think Vancouver is too much.

Canucks in 7

Dallas vs. Anaheim

Anaheim is confident and well rested after spanking the Dead Wings, which should make this series interesting. JS Giguere is the hottest goalie in the playoffs right now. Even with that going for them, I think they lose to the more talented Stars.

Stars in 6

call this one a hunch, but the lightning look really good to me. there was some really good hockey played in that tampa/caps series, and the bruins weren't much of a test for the devils. the devils' lukewarm offense will get a little frustrated against 'bulin, and the lightning will win on the strength of their awesome, but underrated, top line of st.louis/lecavalaier/prospal. lightning in 6

flyers are the sens' beyotch one more year. sens in 5

my heart says ducks against dallas. but i think dallas is too good unless turco unravels a little bit. stars in 5

the wild will definitely keep the pressure on. but the canucks aren't as good a matchup for them as the avs were. fernandez is probably better than cloutier, but i don't think it matters. bertuzzi is gonna give them fits. canucks in 6

Giguere got yanked in both previous starts against the Stars. If they can get to him early tonight this series will be short. The return of Turgeon tonight and the return of Guerin at some point in this series has me thinking Stars in 5 at worst. thumbs_u

Agent Aznutchzki:

woulda been an injustice if the stars won that game.  that puck earlier in OT was a GOAL.  i saw at least two conclusive shots showing the puck over the line while the net was still on the moorings.

Yep - I got home from a trip during the third OT - watched that and the 4th, and had to get some sleep, but saw that goal they called back - couldn't figure out why for the longest time (thought they were saying it hit his skate) - then realized it was the mooring (i had the sound off) - what a crock call that was... Then dallas pinged one off the top bar a few minutes later - glad the Ducks won.

I'm lookign for the Flyers to come out hitting tonight - set the tone early...

Ducks looking like destiny's team.

Flyers had me a bit worried there going into the third, but they played a great third period. Still saying Flyers-Canucks, but a team that takes out the defending champs in 4, then wins two on the road in Dallas....

Stars finally get one. I really thought when Hatcher missed batting down the puck late in the game the Ducks were going to tie it up and break the backbone of the Stars. But alas, it didn't happen and the Stars have renewed life!

Ok, so I'm sitting in my prime "look 45 degrees left, see main TV and watch 24, look right 45 degress, see second TV with Flyers game on" seat. Flyers go to OT, so I go sit on the couch to watch 24 for the intermission - of course let time get away from me, come back after 24 is over to hear Ray Ferraro saying Cechmanek is a punk because of his reaction to the goal...but never saw the goal - what happened?