[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aaron Rodgers signs extension

Randall

Packers signed QB Aaron Rodgers to a contract extension through 2014, according to ESPN. No financial terms are known yet.

In his first year as a starter, Rodgers has answered every question mark possible. Amid concern he couldn't "handle the pressure" after Brett Favre's trade, Rodgers has played through injury, shown terrific arm strength and accuracy, and exhibited excellent mobility. His completion rate is 65.6, his TD to INT ratio is 12:4, and he has rushed for three touchdowns. Rodgers has top-five QB1 future potential with young receivers Greg Jennings, James Jones, and Jordy Nelson as his weapons.

Packers sign Rodgers through 2014

The Packers have signed quarterback Aaron Rodgers to a contract extension through 2014, the team announced minutes ago.

“As we talked about in the past, we try to be proactive in our discussions with our current players and we felt like this was an appropriate time to try to come to an agreement with Aaron,” Packers GM Ted Thompson said in a statement. “We feel like this is good for the organization and the players, and we will continue this approach as we move forward.”

Rodgers, 24, was due to become a free agent after the 2009 season.

More details to come.

Edited by Randall

BIG BIG mistake by GB. Should've kept prima donna Favre, who gave them a much better chance to win a title.

lol.

SERIOUSLY. I couldn't believe how everyone threw TT and McCarthy under the bus after going 13-3 with the youngest, cheapest roster in the NFL. Best leadership tandem in football, with the possible exception of Mr. Grumpy and the Kid in Boston.

Little do most realize that GB HAD to do this deal by Monday or they'd be in violation of the CBA for being under the salary FLOOR for 2008!

Peace

policy

Between this, the Grant extension, and the Jennings extension this offseason, it guarantees that GB will have one of the better offences for a long time to come. The interior of the line is still fairly young, and plenty of young talent on defence. Looks like the Pack will be contending for the division for many years.

Signed,

Very happy Packers fan.

SERIOUSLY. I couldn't believe how everyone threw TT and McCarthy under the bus after going 13-3 with the youngest, cheapest roster in the NFL. Best leadership tandem in football, with the possible exception of Mr. Grumpy and the Kid in Boston.

Little do most realize that GB HAD to do this deal by Monday or they'd be in violation of the CBA for being under the salary FLOOR for 2008!

Peace

policy

+10,000

I still can't believe how many people here in Green Bay trash TT and McCarthy. How can you say these guys do not know what they are doing??

Good for Rodgers. I don't know what kind of a guy he is off the field, but between his perfomance on the field and what he's had to deal with this offseason, he's earned it as far as I'm concerned. I hope he gets a trip to the Pro Bowl to go along with his new contract, and I think ESPN should send Kornheiser along to carry his bags.

Edited by tomfin2000

Between this, the Grant extension, and the Jennings extension this offseason, it guarantees that GB will have one of the better offences for a long time to come. The interior of the line is still fairly young, and plenty of young talent on defence. Looks like the Pack will be contending for the division for many years.

Signed,

Very happy Packers fan.

I mostly agree with this other than Grant.After last year's performance he is not living up to expectations.

+10,000

I still can't believe how many people here in Green Bay trash TT and McCarthy. How can you say these guys do not know what they are doing??

Still think those were Vikings fans dressed in Favre spamshirts. :wacko: