[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stupid question but I got to ask: PPR vs non-PPR?

gman62

I was under the assumption a PPR meant points per reception in that you get points per reception on a player in addition to and regardless of how many yards per reception the player may get. Am I missing something?

Some are saying that in a non-PPR league you don't get yards for receptions by RBs. Im saying you get the yards the RB runs or receives in a non PPR but do not get additional points for each reception.

Please correct me if Im wrong.

Example: 1pt per yard rush/rec non-PPR 1pt per yard rush/rec 1 pts per reception PPR

Brian Westbrook 20/100 yds rushing 5/50 yards rec =150 pts non-PPR and 155 PPR

Edited by gman62

Yep...you can set up your PPR league anyway you like. The most common are 1 PPR for WR/TE with 0 PPR for RB's. I'm in a league where the TE gets 2 PPR.

I'm not sure why somebody is saying you don't get yardage for receptions in non-PPR leagues...thats standard IMO.

Edited by tazinib1

Im afraid with all these customized scoring settings PPR and non-PPR is a bit elementary and some that are giving advice don't interpret PPR and non-PPR the same.

In my current league I get points per yard regardless of whether it is on the ground or thru the air. I get negative pts for each reception or rushing attempt.

We also get pts for kick/punt returns.

For example, here is my scoring settings for rushing/receiving in our league:

Rushing Attempts (-2)

Rushing Yards (0.5 yards per point)

Rushing Touchdowns (60)

Receptions (-2)

Reception Yards (0.5 yards per point)

Reception Touchdowns (60)

Return Yards (1 yards per point)

Return Touchdowns (60)

I know the scoring in this league is unique, but not having played in a standard league I don't know any different. So in a PPR league you would get positive points per reception and in a non-ppr receptions would not register as they would in affect be 0 pts per reception.

So in this league's settings this would not be either a PPR or a non-PPR, but an anti-PPR league correct? As the more receptions a player receives the more he is penalized per reception. In effect it rewards receivers who have higher yards per catch, same with RB who get higher ypc.

I guess my question is does this scoring more resemble a PPR or non-PPR league? I would say non-PPR right because you are getting negative PPR?

Edited by gman62

Peep I've been confused for awhile! But to answer your question yes there are leagues that reward players (bonus points) based on the number of receptions in addition to the yardage. So a 10 rec 50 yard effort would get more points than a 1 rec 50 yard effort.

However, in my league it would be just the opposite, the 1 rec for 50 yards would do a bit better rewarding ypc rather than number of receptions. Make sense? I know my head is spinning!

Peep I've been confused for awhile! But to answer your question yes there are leagues that reward players (bonus points) based on the number of receptions in addition to the yardage. So a 10 rec 50 yard effort would get more points than a 1 rec 50 yard effort.

However, in my league it would be just the opposite, the 1 rec for 50 yards would do a bit better rewarding ypc rather than number of receptions. Make sense? I know my head is spinning!

I guess my question is does this scoring more resemble a PPR or non-PPR league? I would say non-PPR right because you are getting negative PPR?

Neither. Its an anti-PPR league, or somesuch.

That may be the wackiest scoring systemt that I have seen.

Typical PPR leagues give 1 point or .5 point per reception. Yardage is scored separately.

Neither. Its an anti-PPR league, or somesuch.

That may be the wackiest scoring systemt that I have seen.

Typical PPR leagues give 1 point or .5 point per reception. Yardage is scored separately.

Furd i agree it's an ant-PPR league. But if I had to say it closer resembles a PPR or non-PPR I would have to say non-PPR. It's kinda like negative/positive number line where zero is non-PPR and positive side is PPR. Mine is the negative side or closer to zero.

Add in the return yards and it makes for a unique league putting such players like Jerious Norwood, Cribbs, Ginn Jr, Sproles (dual players-return and WR or return and RB) at a premium and in the top 20 in their prospective category.

This is my 2nd year in this league and it is NUTS! It really strains the brain trying to figure out who to start with the matchups.

Thanks for all the replies, I was getting motion sickness there for awhile. I think I feel better now.

Edited by gman62

Furd i agree it's an ant-PPR league. But if I had to say it closer resembles a PPR or non-PPR I would have to say non-PPR. It's kinda like negative/positive number line where zero is non-PPR and positive side is PPR. Mine is the negative side or closer to zero.

Add in the return yards and it makes for a unique league putting such players like Jerious Norwood, Cribbs, Ginn Jr, Sproles (dual players-return and WR or return and RB) at a premium and in the top 20 in their prospective category.

This is my 2nd year in this league and it is NUTS! It really strains the brain trying to figure out who to start with the matchups.

Thanks for all the replies, I was getting motion sickness there for awhile. I think I feel better now.

Sorry... I was kidding... Im very familiar with PPR. :wacko:

My take on this... It resembles more a non PPR as you arent getting a PPR in this league. However, as stated above, this rule is kinda lame. Why penalize someone for something positive?

And BJ... I knew 4983 was PPR. I was joking. Thought you of all people would know that. Ladder, 4983, and about 3 others are PPR. :D

Why are you asking this question? Is doesn't really matter what you call it.

As stated often here and elsewhere, every league may be different in their detail scoring rules: 1 pt per 10 yards, 1 per 20, 1 per 50, etc; bonus for lang scores; bonus for over 100 yard games; 1 point per reception, .5 points per reception, 1.5 PPR if a TE, etc; and maybe even 5 points for a 50 yard field goal!

So there is no such thing as a pure PPR or non-PPR league. This simply helps distinguish between leagues that do and don't. When DMD lists projected scoring by player, he uses two totals - one for PPR, in which he gives 1 point for each reception by any player; and NPPR, in which he doesn't. In neither case does this match ANY of my 6 leagues, so I have to re-compute expected points using our own scoring systems.

BTW, if I was in your league, I'd just give up on projections altogether, and look at WW's Start/Bemch list, or maybe just toss a coin! :wacko: