[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SJax out this week

Hugh 0ne

Sorry if this was already posted, I looked but didn't see anything:

Rams | Jackson out for Week 10

Fri, 7 Nov 2008 12:11:01 -0800

St. Louis Rams RB Steven Jackson (thigh) did not participate in practice Friday, Nov. 7. He will not play in the team's Week 10 game.

kffl

there was a certain someone on this site earlier this year that said "I am shocked jackson went #1 in my draft today" and a ton of huddler's ran to the site to post "your an idoit jackson is easily worth the #1 overall pick"

Who the idiot now ?

Let me explain it to the new fantasy players...long hold outs usually equal bust of a season

I drafted 23 teams this year....I took S-jackson 0 times....1 thing I got right this year.

there was a certain someone on this site earlier this year that said "I am shocked jackson went #1 in my draft today" and a ton of huddler's ran to the site to post "your an idoit jackson is easily worth the #1 overall pick"

Who the idiot now ?

Let me explain it to the new fantasy players...long hold outs usually equal bust of a season

I drafted 23 teams this year....I took S-jackson 0 times....1 thing I got right this year.

Did you make that comment in June?

The only debates I remember on this site were about whether Jackson was worth a 1st round pick. I don't recall anyone advocating #1 overall, let alone a "ton" of people.

None the less, thanks for the inspiration on my sigline.

Holy Smokes I can't believe the draft I was just in, S-Jackson goes #1 Options Track this topic

Email this topic

Print this topic

Download this topic

Subscribe to this forum

Switch to: Outline

Standard

Switch to: Linear+

Henry Muto

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts 8/15/08 10:37pm Post #1

Huddler

Group: Members

Member No.: 18,331

12 man league PPR. I was just in the most insane draft and it wasn't like it was a yahoo free league it cost $100 to get in. #1 overall was S-Jackson (are you kidding me ?). I wish I had the 2 pick here I would have went nuts. I had a draft earlier this year where I had the 2 pick and of course the guy took LT. Anyway in this draft some other insane picks were N-Burleson at 4.01 and then Greg Lewis at 6.01 - Am I missing something ? I know Burleson will have to be the #1 for a while but passing a lot of stud WR's there. Also Engram went round 6 with broken shoulder.

I picked from the 10 hole and got a solid team. Got R-Bush at 3.10 in PPR league.

tazinib1

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts 8/15/08 10:39pm Post #2

Huddler

Member No.: 17,919

List it!! Cmon we wanna see so we can rip you...I mean so we can comment on it

Chief Dick

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts 8/15/08 11:10pm Post #3

Huddler All-Pro

Member No.: 45

QUOTE (tazinib1 @ 8/15/08 10:46pm)

List it!! Cmon we wanna see so we can rip you...I mean so we can comment on it

I agree. I want to see how smart Mr. Henry Muto is.

Grimm74

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts 8/16/08 6:45am Post #7

Huddler

Member No.: 1,998

Sjax at #1 is far from insane. I would prefer the consistency of LT over Sjax but the man can produce.

Grimm74

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts 8/16/08 8:22am Post #9

Huddler

Member No.: 1,998

Without a doubt! If he was in camp i would not even think twice if he went #1. My thoughts are it is far from insane. I personnally do not think LT will be the FF point leader this year amoung RB's. Who...I am not sure but SJax, Westy, AP, and Addai all have equal chance and there are others....

Henry Muto

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts 8/16/08 5:15pm Post #11

Huddler

Member No.: 18,331

I don't know how anyone can justify taking S-Jackson #1 overall in a mid August draft when he has not even showed up in camp and has threatened that he could hold out until Week 10 then he would come back to get his year of eligibility toward free agency (conflicting reports to if this is true or not is out there about getting the year to count) Anyway I digress. Last year in 1 of my main event drafts someone took S-Jax over LT in 1 of my leagues. He did not fair very well. Not saying that it must go the same way this year but I get the feeling that when a player misses so much time he ends up struggling and getting hurt ala Larry Johnson last year. I may not have S-Jackson on any team this year except my Dynasty league which of course I have to have him on. I have seen him drafted #1 and seen him drafted #9 in my money leagues so far. He went 9th today. In fact today's draft I had pick 3 and took AD as it went Brady #1, LT #2...oh and as far as criticizing me I am all for it. I don't mind at all when people say what they really think. In fantasy football everyone has their own opinion. I will let me results do the talking for myself. Last year I got told I was nuts when I took Randy Moss in 15 leagues....I guess that worked out ok.

Chief

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts 8/16/08 10:09pm Post #20

Huddler

Member No.: 3,023

Seeing as SJ had 90+ receptions let alone his yardage a couple of years ago, a healthy SJ I see no problem with.

I am in 1st place in this leauge with 165 pt league

Blah, blah, blah

I had a hell of a time following your post but as far as I can tell, there was one guy asking to see your draft, one guy saying, "yeah, let's see your draft" and one guy saying, "if in camp" he could easily see SJax at #1.

Not exactly sure how that translates to a bunch of guys here saying he's a great #1...

Sjax had a limited practice today per Roto.

:wacko:

Didn't really say he was limited....just that the extent of his participation at this point is unknown:

Jackson returns to practice Wednesday 11/12, 12:33 PM CT

Steven Jackson is on the practice field today, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Our View: It remains to be seen how much work he will be able to handle today while recovering from his thigh ailment. As previously noted, he would need to fully practice before coach Jim Haslett considers penciling him back into the lineup.

From Rotoworld:

Steven Jackson (quadriceps) returned to Rams practice on Wednesday, albeit in a limited manner.

He shared first-team reps with Antonio Pittman in 11-on-11 drills. Jackson's injury has basically cost him three games, including an ineffective effort in Week 9 against Arizona. He will need to practice fully at least one day this week to start against San Francisco in Week 11, but things are looking up. Nov. 12 - 1:18 pm et

Are they hit 30 times a game running plus pass block when they aren't touching the ball?

No. use some common sense.

:wacko: Common sense tells me that QBs have to throw well to make a WR valuable. How many QBs have gone down this year? I believe the number of QBs playing that didn't start week 1 was something like 10 or 12 (too lazy to look up the exact #s). Last year was probably worse. Running backs also don't have to stretch out over the middle or have safety's (excluding palamalu types) head hunting them when they catch a floater against cover 2. We all get it...you love you some WRs. Just don't need a 5 word comment on it in so many threads. Between a WR going out for something as small as a thumb injury to a QB injury killing their value....there is no "safe pick" when it comes to players. So, common sense that between the QB getting hit in an exposed position a few times a game and the smaller framed WRs getting lit up by the occasional LB or safety...I don't see the upside of WR vs. a RB. Everybody gets it though, you like the WR.

I believe the number of QBs playing that didn't start week 1 was something like 10 or 12 (too lazy to look up the exact #s).

Off the top of my head:

Seneca Wallace (until this week)

Shaun Hill

Daunte Culpepper :wacko:

Rex Grossman

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Matt Cassel

Sage Rosenfels

Kerry Collins

Brady Quinn

Tyler Thigpen

Brad Johnson / Brooks Bollinger (until this week)

Edited by MTSuper7