[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nets or Spurs?

Hugh 0ne

Tough call ... and I really don't follow the NBA close enough to make an informed guess. Duncan is a stud ... but so is Kidd.

My first thought was that the team coming out of the Western Conference Finals would win. But in all honesty I have not watched a single game of the the Eastern Conference Finals so I can't speak to the quality of the wins by the Nets.

I will say this though ... I thought the Spurs took it for granted that they would win the Western Conference once they got there ... and there were a couple of games (especially game 5) where it really showed on the court. If the Spurs think all they have to do is show up to win the championship then the Nets will show them the error of their ways.

So my wild assed guess ... Nets in 6 ... because I think they are hungrier.

Well, I will go the opposite. I think the Spurs will take it, only because I don't see the NEts being able to match up with the Spurs sizewise. I don't think it will be runaway series, and I am a huge fan of Kidd and will be rooting for him, I just think after looking at the matchups that the Spurs are the more likely team to make it.

I see the NEts as the Bills of the early 90'. Always the best in their conference, but not quite good enouh to win it all.

Although there were a lot of goals in the game last night I didn't feel like the 2 goalies were playing particularly poor. Giggy was giving up some rebounds but so many of the goals just seemed to be a crashing the net/lucky bounce type.

myhousekey:

xMRogers:

I got a feeling the NBA is going to go like the  NHL finals did : I'm rooting for the Nets/Ducks, but the Spurs/Devils will pull it out...

A little late to be rooting for the Duck's isn't it? wink Butter? big_shoc

Gotta say I think the fix was in watching the first half of that game. Really bad officiating. Spurs couldn't hit a shot to save their life in the 2nd half so I guess the Nets "earned" it. But when you look at how bad the Spurs played tonight and the Nets only winning by 1 you've gotta know there's no way the Nets can win the series.

Although the Admiral is too much of a class act to do such a thing, I just wanted him to hold up the trophy and say:

"Yo, MJ, THIS is how you retire from the NBA." head_ban