[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh yeah? Sez you!

Furd

Sad Lions a laughing matter now

As if the scoreboard wasn't taunting enough Sunday, the Lions had to hear it, too.

And not just the boos cascading down from the half-empty stands at Ford Field. The Jacksonville Jaguars, a team that arrived in town teetering on the edge of playoff elimination, officially designated the Lions as the NFL's laughingstock with the 38-14 beating they administered.

"They were cracking jokes," Lions running back Kevin Smith said. "They thought we were a joke. They said we (stink). They were saying that to me, that I (stink). And I told them they (stink), too. And they said, 'Well, not as bad as (you).' And I said, 'You're right.' (Because) we haven't won one game."

:wacko:

. . .

I am not sure why but that is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. Maybe because I am punch dunk after working 17 straight hours but I can barely breathe.

Like he was surprised that someone thought they were bad... WHAT?

"You're in this dark tunnel and you've got no way out," Marinelli said. "You're waiting for the light and you see that light, so what do you do? You start digging and getting out."

I believe this is either a mixed metaphor between a being in a hole and being in a tunnel or I have no idea what he means. But it made me laugh all over again. Like being at the presser and asking "if you are in a tunnel, why in the hell would you have a shovel?"

I gotta go to sleep.

I am not sure why but that is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. Maybe because I am punch dunk after working 17 straight hours but I can barely breathe.

Like he was surprised that someone thought they were bad... WHAT?

I believe this is either a mixed metaphor between a being in a hole and being in a tunnel or I have no idea what he means. But it made me laugh all over again. Like being at the presser and asking "if you are in a tunnel, why in the hell would you have a shovel?"

I gotta go to sleep.

That is the entire problem, Marinelli thinks digging will get you out of a dark tunnel. Makes sense to me... :wacko:

That is the entire problem, Marinelli thinks digging will get you out of a dark tunnel. Makes sense to me... :wacko:

Marinelli is a babbling idiot. Every week, you hear the same thing - I believe in what we're doing, I like what I see in practice, stay the course, I can't comment until I see the tape, blah, blah, blah. He also uses jargon all of the time, like:

On why the defense didn't stop the Jaguars: "They ran three or four plays; power with a ream inside against under and then we kicked our end from a six to a five and they pushed it and were able to get the backside guard up and through. They did a good job standing on our feet and pushing and then they run what we call a smart-belly, where it starts to the weak side and they bring the fullback on the way back and try to force on the backside end. And we got a forced; we've got to make sure our fallback players are falling back inside and we struggled doing that and their backs ran extremely hard and we had some chances to man-up on them and hit them and we fell off some tackles."

On if he was surprised by the Jaguars' offense: "No, this was-they run four plays. They run the power-ream; they run the belly-weak, split-belly and smart-belly.

"It's just we've got to get our pads down a little bit better. As coaches and players, they physically beat us. That's all I'll say. As coaches, we weren't able to coach them good enough to play this style of offense."

On the Jaguar offense's ability to break tackles by the defense: "They broke tackles and sometimes we got in there and fitted correctly, and that's a good strong backend we face every week, and we weren't able to get them down as coaches and players together. We didn't do it."

The Lions record with Marinelli as head coach is 10-31. The Lions have lost 16 of their last 17. They have the worst defense in the league for the second year in a row. They were pathetic against the Jaguars. Not one coaching change has been made this year.

It just boggles the mind. :D

Marinelli is a babbling idiot. Every week, you hear the same thing - I believe in what we're doing, I like what I see in practice, stay the course, I can't comment until I see the tape, blah, blah, blah. He also uses jargon all of the time, like:

The Lions record with Marinelli as head coach is 10-31. The Lions have lost 16 of their last 17. They have the worst defense in the league for the second year in a row. They were pathetic against the Jaguars. Not one coaching change has been made this year.

It just boggles the mind. :wacko:

If you take crap and try to mold it into a different shape.... it's still crap. Coaching is not going to help. Lions fans are stuck with the mess Millen created.