[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Soo how;s that RB-RB-QB(WR) strategy working for ya?

cre8tiff

I picked RB-RB-QB in one league RB-QB-WR in another and RB-RB-RB in a third. I even tried QB-RB-WR in a fourth.

The one stinking league I'm winning is the RB-RB-RB. Would never have thought that. (AP, Portis, Turner, in that order). :D

Wasn't this suppose to be the year stud RBs stop being the end-all? :wacko:

Yeah, I just couldn't get on board with the QB thing this year. There are two positions that touch the ball more than any other, and that's QB and RB. You need two RB (three if you have a flex) and only one QB. I just can't see putting that many eggs in one basket. WR are too streaky and you can still hit a good one with late-round "upside" picks. I generally draft two QB's, one steady (read middling) one and one with upside (this year it was Rogers) and that usually works OK. Also, there's usually a breakout QB or WR you can get your hands on.

It has come to my attention that doing what everyone is not doing ends up working the best. People said "the RB-RB-RB strat won't work this year" and although that may be the case...there is not a league im in that the better teams don't have 3 solid RB's.

Next year everyone will draft RB's like mad and it will be the year of the WR or TE instead.

You can debate all you want to about which strategy works best, the key is drafting the right players. If you do that, it doesn't matter what order you took them in. I drafted a WR/WR/TE team that is destroying the league.

I picked RB-RB-QB in one league RB-QB-WR in another and RB-RB-RB in a third. I even tried QB-RB-WR in a fourth.

The one stinking league I'm winning is the RB-RB-RB. Would never have thought that. (AP, Portis, Turner, in that order). :D

Wasn't this suppose to be the year stud RBs stop being the end-all? :wacko:

last year I took my local league where I went RB-WR-RB-RB....I wish I went RB 1st this year, but I had trouble finding the pulse of what RB would be a top RB....plus I drafted next to last....

I went WR-QB-RB-RB and none of these 4 are currently on my team (RMoss, Brees, Graham and Parker)....on top of that, I currently have only 4 players that I originally drafted...(Cutler, Marshall, Felix and LenDale)...and the earliest I drafted any of these 4 was the 6th round...

One league I went RB, QB, RB and I'm in contention. The other league I went WR WR RB an am in last place by far. Have there been any WR's taken in the first two rounds that haven't just killed fantasy owners? I guess the Cardinal receivers and AJ have been alright, but Moss, TO, CJ, Housh, Colston, Holt and the like have just kllled teams.

Edited by Seahawks21

Yikes. That's insane. How did Portis fall so far? I'm assuming you had a top three draft slot?

I continue to subscribe to the two-headed QB attack, drafting in rounds 7-8. For one thing, if one gets hurt, you still have a quality QB to start. Also, one might turn out to be a stud. In one league, I took Eli and Rivers (stud) and in another, i took Schaub and Cutler (stud).

By round 7, you can have 3 RBs and 3 WRs.

I am beginning to believe 100% in Opie

Yikes. That's insane. How did Portis fall so far? I'm assuming you had a top three draft slot?

I continue to subscribe to the two-headed QB attack, drafting in rounds 7-8. For one thing, if one gets hurt, you still have a quality QB to start. Also, one might turn out to be a stud. In one league, I took Eli and Rivers (stud) and in another, i took Schaub and Cutler (stud).

By round 7, you can have 3 RBs and 3 WRs.

I had # 1 pick. I have ZERO idea why Portis was toxic.

I remember having Turner targeted @ 2:12, and crossing off folks as they left. I was incredulous that I got him, and of course grabbed Turner @ 3:1

QBs were flying off the board (I ended up with Big Ben as my primary), as well as quite a few WR. (I think 4). My primary WR was deep second tier (Welker, Cotchery, Jackson)

Edited by cre8tiff

2 leagues. Went RB-RB-WR in one, RB-WR-WR in the other.

Truth be told, I'm not sure how much can be gleaned from the 2nd one because it was an 8 team league and we drafted in very early August. None the less, it's all relative.

The RB-RB team is significantly stronger than the other one.

Ten team league. Traded back from pick #5 to the end of the round and was able to get Barber and Lynch. Reached Andre Johnson at 3 and T Jones at 4. Considering that I was still able to get Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, and Hines Ward later, I was afforded the luxury of spending 3 of my 1st 4 picks at RB but, none the less, have an awesome stable of WRs. Also, grabbing McNabb late means I also got away with ignoring that position. 8-2 with highest point total.

RB-WR-WR could have gone much better. 1st overall spot. LT at 1, R Wayne at 2, B Edwards at 3. I just talked myself out of B Jacobs at 17 because "that was too early to take him". That's the fault of getting hung up on overall top 200 lists. I had a really good feeling that Jacobs would be very solid this year and certainly would have been much better off with him than Edwards. Especially considering that I was able to grab B Marshall at pick 6 (remember, early August draft so it seemed like he'd miss 4 games) as well as Roddy White and Bernard Berrian. Meanwhile, J Lewis (4th pick), J Stewart (7th pick), and late round flyers on Mendenhall and F Jones didn't pan out, leaving me scouring the waiver wire for RB swag. M Moore has been nice for me and I was able to trade for R Bush. Due to some luck and Drew Brees (4th pick #32 overall), I'm currently in play-off position at 7-3 but I'm like 4th or 5th in total points.