[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints homers

CaptainHook

I think if he plays it will be limited. Seems like none of the guys that come off injury for the Saints this year have done much in their first game back.

This quote from today doesn't sound as promising:

"It's just kind of day to day," said Bush, who wasn't as definitive about his status this week as he was last week, when he said he'd "definitely" be back in time for the Kansas City game.

I'm not shocked to hear that he's out. Why risk aggravating the injury against a garbage KC team?

Looks like I may have another chance at redemption with Stecker getting some of Bush's looks. I'm preparing my plate o' crow just in case though. :D

It'll likely be Deuce toting the rock 15-20 times, Stecker maybe with 4-5 carries and 4-5 catches and Thomas with a handful of carries and perhaps a few catches himself.

Yet another cf in the Saint backfield. :wacko:

I agree if he's not ready to come back theres no point in rushing it. However, I'm not sold that we're going to beat a "garbage KC team."

I tend to agree on this. David :wacko: and Young are our starting CB. Start Bowe, Gonzo and Thigpen without hesitation.

I'm not shocked to hear that he's out. Why risk aggravating the injury against a garbage KC team?

You can call them garbage if you want, but this team plays hard and still has not given up on this season. And if you have bothered to watch all their games this year, you would know they have taken the Jets to the wire, Tampa Bay to the wire, and the Chargers to the wire in the last three weeks. Two of these games were on the road. They are improving.

This despite them pulling guys off the street due to injuries. And on their 3rd quarterback. And with Chan Gailey and Herm completely changing the offense to suit their young quarterback. And, oh yeah, the most maligned offensive line is starting to jell, giving up only 2 sacks in the last 2 weeks.

But then again, you already knew all this, seeing as how you are a member of the staff here.

Edited by Chief Dick

You can call them garbage if you want, but this team plays hard and still has not given up on this season. And if you have bothered to watch all their games this year, you would know they have taken the Jets to the wire, Tampa Bay to the wire, and the Chargers to the wire in the last three weeks. Two of these games were on the road. They are improving.

This despite them pulling guys off the street due to injuries. And on their 3rd quarterback. And with Chan Gailey and Herm completely changing the offense to suit their young quarterback. And, oh yeah, the most maligned offensive line is starting to jell, giving up only 2 sacks in the last 2 weeks.

But then again, you already knew all this, seeing as how you are a member of the staff here.

I misspoke; I should have said "garbage defense". You know, that one that is dead last in yards/game, sixth-worst in points/game. That one.

Sure, the offense has some recent bright spots. Thigpen's currently on two of my squads. Gonzo's on one. Bowe's on one. You're right, they're improving.... on the offensive side.

And I've bothered to watch plenty of their games. I don't need to watch them all to know their defense is leaving a lot to be desired.

I misspoke; I should have said "garbage defense". You know, that one that is dead last in yards/game, sixth-worst in points/game. That one.

Sure, the offense has some recent bright spots. Thigpen's currently on two of my squads. Gonzo's on one. Bowe's on one. You're right, they're improving.... on the offensive side.

And I've bothered to watch plenty of their games. I don't need to watch them all to know their defense is leaving a lot to be desired.

Fair enough. And I apologize for being a bit snippy.

And you are right. This defense, which is supposed to be Herm's strength, has not progressed much. And that's with the Chiefs drafting heavily on the defensive side of the ball the last several years. This past draft however netted them a potential "good" tackle and 2 potentially really good corners in Flowers and Carr. Clearly Carl didn't run the last draft.

Gunther needs to be fired this offseason. And the Chiefs MUST draft linebackers in the next draft.

Fair enough. And I apologize for being a bit snippy.

And you are right. This defense, which is supposed to be Herm's strength, has not progressed much. And that's with the Chiefs drafting heavily on the defensive side of the ball the last several years. This past draft however netted them a potential "good" tackle and 2 potentially really good corners in Flowers and Carr. Clearly Carl didn't run the last draft.

Gunther needs to be fired this offseason. And the Chiefs MUST draft linebackers in the next draft.

Yeah, I don't get it... they have one of the best young secondaries in the game.... I guess the key word is "young". The loss of Allen really stung. Hali has not been a good replacement.

Derrick Johnson is a capable LB but would be better with a game-changing LB next to him. Fortunately, there are a few that fall in this category in this summer's draft that the Chiefs will definitely have a shot at taking.