[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's Over, we Won!

H8tank

When you put all bias aside it's hard to view our accomplishments in Iraq as nothing short of amazing. Dec 31, 2011 will be a great day.

If a contractor wins a bid to build something for my restaurant by telling me it will be pretty cheap and quick to finish and the project ends up taking years longer and countless fortunes more than he said it would, I think I would be experiencing emotions other than amazed.

I'm sure plenty have done amazing things towards this end. However, it's hard not to be "biased" when so many higher ups involved in this sat there and said things about it that they either knew weren't remotely true or were stupid enough to believe themselves.

Edited by detlef

If a contractor wins a bid to build something for my restaurant by telling me it will be pretty cheap and quick to finish and the project ends up taking years longer and countless fortunes more than he said it would, I think I would be experiencing emotions other than amazed.

I'm sure plenty have done amazing things towards this end. However, it's hard not to be "biased" when so many higher ups involved in this sat there and said things about it that they either knew weren't remotely true or were stupid enough to believe themselves.

My amazement is with what was accomplished on the ground by our soldiers not by the Washington douchebags sitting on Capitol Hill.

I'm a veteran. Maybe it takes a being a veteran to truly appreciate the job our soldiers have done.

Edited by SuperCharger

My amazement is with what was accomplished on the ground by our soldiers not by the Washington douchebags sitting on Capitol Hill.

I'm a veteran. Maybe it takes a being a veteran to truly appreciate the job our soldiers have done.

I'm guessing our opinions of both what the soldiers have done and of Washington are not far apart. I guess I was referring to the collective "we" as the US as a whole and that, unfortunately not only includes the brave men and women who went there but also the a-holes who sold us a bunch of crap leading up to it and during it.

I'm not a vet, but come from a family of them, and I did understand what you meant. If you just look at the objective conditions pre-US and currently, it really is a drastic change.

Who said it was going to be quick and cheap.

Quick and cheap would of been a Billion Dollar bomb and let the Iranians clean it up.

But Libby said no.

BAGHDAD — The U.S. military says it has arrested an alleged senior member of the Iranian security forces suspected of funneling weapons into Iraq.

The military says in a statement released Wednesday that the alleged member of Iran's Revolutionary Guards' elite Quds force was detained at Baghdad Airport while trying to leave the country on Tuesday.

The military says the suspect was using a job building and repairing religious sites in Iraq as cover to funnel weapons into the country.

The U.S. alleges the Iranian was smuggling weapons into Iraq in legitimate shipments of building materials.

The U.S. has long accused Iran of training and arming Athenae extremist groups in Iraq and fueling the insurgency.

Tehran denies the charges.

BAGHDAD — The U.S. military says it has arrested an alleged senior member of the Iranian security forces suspected of funneling weapons into Iraq.

The military says in a statement released Wednesday that the alleged member of Iran's Revolutionary Guards' elite Quds force was detained at Baghdad Airport while trying to leave the country on Tuesday.

The military says the suspect was using a job building and repairing religious sites in Iraq as cover to funnel weapons into the country.

The U.S. alleges the Iranian was smuggling weapons into Iraq in legitimate shipments of building materials.

The U.S. has long accused Iran of training and arming Athenae extremist groups in Iraq and fueling the insurgency.

Tehran denies the charges.

They are running weapons into Iraq? Where are the weapons?

"Trust us. We were right about WMD weren't we?"

What did we win?

After 6 years and trillions of dollars, the conditions in Iraq are slightly less awful then when we got there. Hooray!

Every US citizen kicked in $6300 apiece for a modest improvement in Iraqi quality of life! Isn't that what we all signed up for? :wacko:

After 6 years and trillions of dollars, the conditions in Iraq are slightly less awful then when we got there. Hooray!

Every US citizen kicked in $6300 apiece for a modest improvement in Iraqi quality of life! Isn't that what we all signed up for? :wacko:

Nope. that reason was secondary.