[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A-Rod "open to trade"

Chief Dick

A-Rod has done what he was paid to do. He is arguably the best player in baseball. It has to suck to be one of the top 2 or 3 players in the game on a team that just plain stinks.

Until the Rangers get pitching it won't matter who is playing short stop as the player in that position spends more time watching balls go over his head then he does fielding balls.

I'd say that we should trade A-Rod in a heartbeat if we could get quality pitching back, and I'm not talking about prospects. I don't think that is very likely so it is my opinion that there is no reason we should trade one of the top players in the game.

He's an idiot - and if he really wants to be traded, hope he's willing to rip his contract up, cause no one (save the Yankees, and George would get killed if he gave up Jeter) is going to take on a 25M a year contract that has 7 or so years left on it for any reason.

He'd have to hit about .425 with 80 HR and 180 RBI to justify that deal comparatively and financially. And the truth is, he's put them in a terrible spot, because the more they lose, the less fans there are. The less fans there are, the less money pours in. The less money pours in, the more his contract is a drag on the team financially, the less they can get better pitching, the more they lose...

In saying that, Tex. has made some dumb moves recently, getting old hitters when they needed young pitchers. They keep trying to win "now" and if they would have taken a year or so, and sunk some money into some young depth at pithign, they'd be on the right track. Still the way to go, but now they are going to be more than halfway through ARod's deal before they get anywhere.

Guest PantherDave

If you have to like Baseball to be a complete sports fan, then I'll never be, but this is coming from someone who could care less if baseball went belly-up and ceased to exsist.

Football is America's game and passion. Then we have Basketball and (for me ) Golf, especially the majors, to get me through the summer sports doldrums.

PantherDave:

If you have to like Baseball to be a complete sports fan, then I'll never be, but this is coming from someone who could care less if baseball went belly-up and ceased to exsist.

Football is America's game and passion. Then we have Basketball and (for me ) Golf, especially the majors, to get me through the summer sports doldrums.

Don't take this the wrong way, but why would you come into the Other Sports forum where a thread that is obviously about something you don't know or care about, and trash the sport with no comment on the actual issue. I have no problem with it really - just wondering what your motivation was here?

Guest PantherDave
xMRogers:

PantherDave:

Don't take this the wrong way, but why would you come into the Other Sports forum where a thread that is obviously about something you don't know or care about, and trash the sport with no comment on the actual issue. I have no problem with it really - just wondering what your motivation was here? Boredom, sorry, did'nt mean to come off trollish.

If A-Rod can't understand that his salary is handcuffing the Rangers by not allowing them to put a quality team around him then he really is a moron.

They were a bad team with no pitching before he got there. He chose to go to a bad team to make $25M a year, now he's going to complain about it? I'm sure there were less lucritive offers from better teams, but it's not about the money. :D

Poor A-Rod. bawling

sunysteelfly76

I'm sure there were less lucritive offers from better teams, but it's not about the money.  

Seattle made QUITE a lucrative offer - can't recall exactly, but it was in the mid-teens for fewer years.

Wonder if A-Rod regrets not taking that deal? wall_bas lol

Chavez:

sunysteelfly76

I'm sure there were less lucritive offers from better teams, but it's not about the money.  

Seattle made QUITE a lucrative offer - can't recall exactly, but it was in the mid-teens for fewer years.

Wonder if A-Rod regrets not taking that deal? wall_bas lol

I'm sure he regrets it every time he cashes that $25 Million dollar check.

And it is about the money. Obviously.

If he followed the game at all, he knew what he was getting into. He followed the money, lots and lots of money. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Your playing a game making millions of dollars. If you wanted to just win, you wouldn't have gone to the Rangers before they got and kept quality pitching.