[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sentimental gift ideas

Swampnuts

My father in law just passed away in the past week, and I was trying to think of a sentimental gift idea for my mother in law. Anyone have any ideas about using old photos or anything? I wanted to be able to give her something memorable for Christmas.

So sorry to hear about that. :wacko:

You may want to check whomper's thread in the Tailgate. He's going through this as well, and there are some good ideas in there.

Peace to you and your family.

Hey Swamp. Sorry for your loss. I went to a place right after my mother in law passed and had to have a bunch of pictures blown up of her for her service since it was a closed casket so we can display them at the funeral parlor. I took one of these pictures which was a picture of her when she was in her 20's and had it blown up to a 8X10. I had 2 copies made . 1 for the service and one my wife didnt know about. I brought the 2nd copy to a store that specializes in picture frames and the woman there did it for me professionally in an antique frame. She matted it and used the perfect colors. My wife loved it. I would suggest doing that.

Edited by whomper

My mother in law passed away two months ago and my wife spent a few hours yesterday scanning a bunch of old photos onto disk. We bought one of those digital frames that rotates through photos and are going to upload them onto it and give it to him.

Now, this may or may not make sense, but one thing that we're trying to be careful of is to avoid photos of just her or just them. Rather, to show photos of them with friends or the whole family. Perhaps to not only remind him of her, but also of all the other people who love him. We'd hate it if our gift served no other purpose than to make him depressed by just showing image after image of someone he misses out of context.

Again, that's just our thinking. Not like that means anymore than anyone else's.