[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I thought I was married

Puddy

My work is doing a dependent check for our insurance so we must provide birth certificates of our kids and marriage licenses for our spouse. I got married 20 years ago and have no clue where that thing is. I find a website called VitalCheck that many states and counties use for ordering these type of things. I initially order through them from the county I live in. Nothing happens and I call the county. They can't find a record of the marriage license. They only show an application for the license.

I go back to VitalCheck and order one from the state. I receive a letter in the mail that they have no record of the license AND the $45 fee I paid was for them to look and I won't get that refunded :wacko: .

So now I'm getting a little desperate. I turn to the church I was married in. They say they don't have any records but the pastor should have (he left the church years ago). I hunt him down and talk to him today. He doesn't have anything from that far back.

I don't know where to turn at this point. My work sent me a letter that I have until January 15th to provide the information or my dependents are supposedly kicked off my insurance.

Any ideas? I plan on calling the county back and asking if there is any information I can provide that will allow them to reproduce one (although the county I live in is a pain in the ass to deal with).

I could take some pictures of the wedding although I weighed 80 pounds less and had my hair down the middle.

I really don't know what to do. I do know that someone dropped the ball and if my wife gets booted off my insurance I will be extremely pissed.

Well you do raise a few red flags...

Carhartt® dependent insurance questionnaire.

1. Does employee own a Chihuahua [ x ] yes [ ] no

2. Does employee call AAA to change flat tire [ x ] yes [ ] no

* If employee answered "yes" to questions 1 and/or 2, check employees martial status. Carhartt® does not insure dependents of same sex marriage.

:wacko:

on the bright side, you aren't obligated to get a chihuahua anymore :D

You had to have known that choosing ChuckB for your bestman would come back to haunt you.

Well you do raise a few red flags...

:D

Not bad if you don't mind watching two brothers wearing Lions spamshirts having to kiss in court to proof their love. :wacko:

I'm okay with the gay kissing, but a Lions jersey? fooook that.

:D Okay good stuff right there.

Can you go down to the court house and get "re-married" if nothing else by the 15th? Any firemen you can marry instead and pretend you're gay? :wacko:

seems reasonable enough to me

Well I was married in 1988. I don't want the records to show that I was married in 2009. My poor wife has had to deal with me for that long, she deserves that the records reflect that.

Plus doesn't social security for her start to accumulate based on our wedding date as well?

Find out if a notorized affidavit will do until you can produce a license. I would think that both you and your so called wife would have to sign and solemly swear to the fact of marraige.

No idea if this will work, but it might be a way out.

Find out if a notorized affidavit will do until you can produce a license. I would think that both you and your so called wife would have to sign and solemly swear to the fact of marraige.

No idea if this will work, but it might be a way out.

This was one of our ideas last night. If we had the pastor who married us sign a notarized affidavit, that may work.

I guess I'm happy they are doing this audit or I would have never found out. Not sure if that would have caused problems for her with life insurance, etc. Plus the whole social security thing.

Oh and lmao on 'so called wife'.