[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst movies you ever saw

BeeR

Really???

I thought The Patriot was at least average. And I thought Unbreakable was at least decent as well..

But, Memento?? That is one of my favorite movies.. I thought it was fantastic..

I agree with your other ones though.

yeah that got a big "wtph" from me too. I can see if they're not someone's cup o tea but worst you ever saw?

I forgot Signs, excellent call.

Oh yeah: "Timeline." I suffered through about 1/3 of the book and 1/2 the movie, both were unbelievable bad (and I like that kinda time travel or shifts/etc thing).

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really???

I thought The Patriot was at least average.

The Patriot was absolutely nothing more than a weak attempt to cash in on Braveheart. I have to agree with Azz here that it sucked balls.

Not so much that I would call it the worst movie I ever saw, but had I bothered to rate it on Netflix, I would also likely give it one star.

Really???

I thought The Patriot was at least average. And I thought Unbreakable was at least decent as well..

werd - The Patriot was solid and the cast was way too effing strong to be on any worst list.......... bad call there

Memento - was very good.

Worst? anything from M Night of lat, and I will go with a tie between:

The ViIllage

The Happening

I hated Speed Racer. That was over the top.

My top 10 most hideous flicks ever:

Howard The Duck

Catwoman

Gigli

Leonard Part 6

Showgirls

Caddyshack 2

Spice World

Glitter

Rhinestone

Beverly Hills Cop 3

Howard The Duck

Catwoman

Gigli

Leonard Part 6

Showgirls

Caddyshack 2

Spice World

Glitter

Rhinestone

Beverly Hills Cop 3

Thankfully I can not confirm or deny any of the above listed movies.

Howard The Duck

Catwoman

Gigli

Leonard Part 6

Showgirls

Caddyshack 2

Spice World

Glitter

Rhinestone

Beverly Hills Cop 3

Now THAT'S a list of some awful movies.. I have seen 7 of them and can confirm that they are 7 of the worst I have ever seen..

:wacko: @ Leonard Part 6

Eraserhead ( long time ago ...very weird flick )

That was a classic, though I can see how many people would hate it. David Lynch is either loved or loathed.

My vote goes to Fifth Element, counting only movies I've seen at the theater. Totally appalling movie at every level.

That was a classic, though I can see how many people would hate it. David Lynch is either loved or loathed.

My vote goes to Fifth Element, counting only movies I've seen at the theater. Totally appalling movie at every level.

whaaaaaatttt??????????

you have to be joking - the Fifth Element???

Luc Besson, Bruce, Oldman and Milla Jovovich - solid l sci-fi flick

wow

whaaaaaatttt??????????

you have to be joking - the Fifth Element???

Luc Besson, Bruce, Oldman and Milla Jovovich - solid l sci-fi flick

wow

Seriously. The only time I've ever fallen asleep watching a movie in a theater. Boring to a level previously unexplored. All shouting, mugging and stupidity. Dreadful.

Trying not to go with some of the more obvious choices here, but I will say that one of the most overrated films of late has to be...

Lost In Translation... A movie where almost nothing happens and while Bill Murray was pretty good in it, people seem to spooge all over the thing saying how great of a fillm it was. I just don't see it and I don't get it.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Trying not to go with some of the more obvious choices here, but I will say that one of the most overrated films of late has to be...

Lost In Translation... A movie where almost nothing happens and while Bill Murray was pretty good in it, people seem to spooge all over the thing saying how great of a fillm it was. I just don't see it and I don't get it.

+ efing 1

Unfortunately I wasn't tired that day and I was the only person that stayed awake and watched the whole thing. Its like you watch the whole movie and keeping thinking that "now the story is going to get going". Only to find out that the story never really gets into anything. Its like Seinfeld except no humor. A movie about nothing with characters you don't really relate to or like. I wish I had that 2 hours back of my life.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding!!!! Horrible movie!! Wife made me and my best bud go with her and her friend so she could set them up. At least he got laid!!!

Meatballs 2 IF you have seen it you know how bad it is.

Really???

ok, the patriot. it was just way too melodramatic and cliche. I mean, I understand that when you adapt history to a movie you're going to have to take some license to make the good guys incredibly virtuous and wonderful, and the other guys totally vile and contemptuous. but there's a fine line, and while braveheart was on the right side of that line, the patriot went laughably and insufferably over it. just incredibly dumb while taking itself quite seriously.

unbreakable. oh god that was awful. if not for the piano, it would be a strong candidate for worst movie ever IMO. one of a handful of movies ever that just made me want to stab the filmmaker.

memento could almost be just mediocre if not for so many people talking about how amazing it was.

ok, the patriot. it was just way too melodramatic and cliche. I mean, I understand that when you adapt history to a movie you're going to have to take some license to make the good guys incredibly virtuous and wonderful, and the other guys totally vile and contemptuous. but there's a fine line, and while braveheart was on the right side of that line, the patriot went laughably and insufferably over it. just incredibly dumb while taking itself quite seriously.

unbreakable. oh god that was awful. if not for the piano, it would be a strong candidate for worst movie ever IMO. one of a handful of movies ever that just made me want to stab the filmmaker.

memento could almost be just mediocre if not for so many people talking about how amazing it was.

Is this most overrated or worst films? not even remotely the same thing

the cast in The Patriot was top notch - hardly the worst movie ever made

Unbreakable isn't even one of the 3 worst by M Night...............

I think overrated is somewhat implied. Otherwise, none of us would be able to top any of the titles Trojanmojo listed. However, what's the point of discussing whether Glitter or Spice World is a bad flick? I mean, who in the hell is going to go see that crap and why, unless you're a 14 year old girl would you expect it to be anything but complete and total crap?

I'm guessing when this thread was started, it was less to pile on obvious dreck like Glitter and more to out movies that were suppose to be good but really actually sucked. Either that or to spawn the very debate we're having about The Patriot which was, btw, a f'ing bad movie. Great, it was star-studded. A-list actors are not above grabbing a paycheck and that is precisely what that movie was. Azz nailed it. It was riddled with shlock and stupid cutesy moments.

in order to be the worst, the filmmaker has to really think they are making some sort of profound statement. there has to be an illusion of grandeur. pretty pointless to say some awful B-movie is the worst ever.

Edited by Azazello1313

in order to be the worst, the filmmaker has to really think they are making some sort of profound statement. there has to be an illusion of grandeur. pretty pointless to say some awful B-movie is the worst ever.

no chit.

My point was simply a flick with Gibson, Isaacs, Ledger, Cooper, Wilkinson even if directed by Roland effing Emmerich ain't gonna be thaaat bad.

The Neverending story II

The Barbarian brothers

Invaders from Mars

Robocop

Timecop

Caddyshack II

A sound of thunder

The recent time machine

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians

The last star fighter

Battlefield earth

Son of the Mask

Stop or my mom will shoot

While I have not seen the following movies, they should automatically be on the list.

Any of the Look who is talking