[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fedor vs Arlovski tonight!

I Like Soup

Fedor is widely considered the best MMA fighter in the world. Of course, some people say the level of his competition the last year or two hasn't been there, but he did reign supreme in Pride for years in Japan.

Arlovski was once the UFC Heavyweight Champion and is one of the most dangerous strikers in the game (especially with his recent work with Freddie Roach) and has respectable submission ability.

I like both fighters but like Arlovski more (probably since I've seen him a lot more due to UFC). My head has a hard time betting against Fedor and my heart wants to see Arlovski win. Nonetheless, I think Arlovski has the skill to beat Fedor and I can't wait for the fight!

:wacko: Come get some!

Arlovski is going to get destroyed.

Emelianenko is declining, but Arlovski is tremedously overrated, ISMHO.

Really? You think Fedor is declining and Arlovski is overrated? :D I'm not sure I can see either of those? :wacko:

Edited by I Like Soup

:D

Streaming video, if anyone wants to watch.

Great link, thanks! I felt bad for Linland, the guy who got knocked out cold in the last match 37 seconds into round 1. He was so out that when he started coming to at all, he tried to take down the referee. He had no idea where he was or what happened. :wacko:

Damn...

I don't follow things closely in this sport and Fedor, by all the talk, seems like a God. However, that knockout punch seemed like complete luck and prior to it, it seemed like Arlovsky was holding his own just fine. Sometimes, it's better to be lucky than good. I also think the announcer had a solid point in that Arlovsky seemed to get too over confident with the high knee move.

Edited by irish

I don't follow things closely in this sport and Fedor, by all the talk, seems like a God. However, that knockout punch seemed like complete luck and prior to it, it seemed like Arlovsky was holding his own just fine. Sometimes, it's better to be lucky than good. I also think the announcer had a solid point in that Arlovsky seemed to get too over confident with the high knee move.

A lot of knockout punches are luck. But Fedor hits hard. And his ground skills are amazing. I was wanting to see this thing go to the ground.

A lot of knockout punches are luck. But Fedor hits hard. And his ground skills are amazing. I was wanting to see this thing go to the ground.

Yeah I guess that's a legit point in that many knockout punches are lucky considering all the head movement and need for proper placement/accuracy of the shot. Like I said I don't follow the sport but it would seem to me, someone with poor knowledge of the sport and an untrained eye, that Fedor is well respected and a huge puncher. The announcer kept mentioning about how Fedor is one of the best in the world on the ground, so it more than likely would have been a no-contest had the match gone that route.

It's amazing, as leading into the fight to look at the 2 guys (again untrained eye), you'd think Arlovsky would be a much tougher opponent and the superior fighter with his measureables and chiseled physique. Fedor looks out of shape and quite frankly, chubby. As in many sports, that's why they play the game/fight the fight.

Well, Fedor has ruled the roost for many moons. Even Fedor's coach said Fedor was losing that fight. But...I agree, a flying knee? :wacko: Yeah, that was overconfidence and Fedor made him pay to his credit. Too bad, I still think that Arlovski is one of the few fighters that can give Fedor some problems.

you have no idea what you are talking about it

next