[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alright, Let's try this again

Cyclones

As many of you may remember, I took an expat assignment in the Philippines about 2 years ago. Prior to taking the assignment I did alot of research and naturally came to the tailgate for advice as well. As it turns out our time was fine - no real safety concerns, my son went to a great international school, and I made alot of money. My son does have asthma however and we decided after a year that the atmosphere in Metro Manila was doing him more harm than good and decided to move home to Kentucky. I still work for the same company and since July have been commuting to Manila about once every 6 weeks for 10 days or so. Recently the COO of our company resigned and took a job as COO of a competitor. He's a good friend of mine and I have worked for him at 3 different companies and he has never let me down. He asked me a couple of days ago if I would be interested in moving to South Africa. The job in the Philippines took a one year commitment, he would want 3 years with this one. The money is a little better than my current job and I would get some stock in the company. So, last time I actually asked the question as "should I move to the Philippines" and got responses on both sides before I actually decided to move. This time I'll just ask the following - has anyone been to South Africa, know anyone who has lived/and or traveled to South Africa extensively? And if so, what information could you give that might help me make the decision?

TIA

Cyclones

I've heard - and this could be a rumor - that you have to get some seriously wicked shots before going there. I've heard it's gorgeous, though. Good luck.

Yeah, I'm sure that's the case. We took several shots before moving to the Philippines as well. I think its par for the course for most anyplace outside N.A or Europe.

Yeah, I'm sure that's the case. We took several shots before moving to the Philippines as well. I think its par for the course for most anyplace outside N.A or Europe.

Sigh. Twice in one day where I've realized: I need a vacation. :wacko:

E2A: By chance, is this company hiring? :D I'd love to go on these kinds of adventures, and with no kids, I'm sure my wife would be game!

Edited by darin3

As many of you may remember, I took an expat assignment in the Philippines about 2 years ago. Prior to taking the assignment I did alot of research and naturally came to the tailgate for advice as well. As it turns out our time was fine - no real safety concerns, my son went to a great international school, and I made alot of money. My son does have asthma however and we decided after a year that the atmosphere in Metro Manila was doing him more harm than good and decided to move home to Kentucky. I still work for the same company and since July have been commuting to Manila about once every 6 weeks for 10 days or so. Recently the COO of our company resigned and took a job as COO of a competitor. He's a good friend of mine and I have worked for him at 3 different companies and he has never let me down. He asked me a couple of days ago if I would be interested in moving to South Africa. The job in the Philippines took a one year commitment, he would want 3 years with this one. The money is a little better than my current job and I would get some stock in the company. So, last time I actually asked the question as "should I move to the Philippines" and got responses on both sides before I actually decided to move. This time I'll just ask the following - has anyone been to South Africa, know anyone who has lived/and or traveled to South Africa extensively? And if so, what information could you give that might help me make the decision?

TIA

Cyclones

u will fit in nice there they like redneck white men who are dimer than a 10 watt bulb....

There is a gal that works in my office complex that is from SA. If you would like I could talk to her about the pros & cons of living there.

She is really hot so I don't mind taking some time out of my do to do this for you...

Hey, sounds like a win-win to me KAB.

There is a gal that works in my office complex that is from SA. If you would like I could talk to her about the pros & cons of living there.

She is really hot so I don't mind taking some time out of my do to do this for you...

Well there's the rampant AIDS thing. So you've got that going for you.

:wacko: