[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here's a good idea for Congressmen...

cre8tiff

Makes sense to me:

:wacko:

If Republican politicians are so deeply opposed to President Obama's economic recovery plan, they should refuse to take the money. After all, if you think all that federal spending is damaging, there are easy ways to reduce it: Don't take federal money.

Gov. Sanford can lead the way. South Carolina should decline to accept any federal funds for transportation, education, health care, clean energy or any of the other ideas President Obama is advocating to fix the economy. And the rest of the GOP can follow suit.

I'm not holding my breath. :D

that's essentially the exact same inane argument as republicans saying people who were against bush's tax cuts should individually refuse them and send in that extra money to the IRS on principle. and of course we KNOW no one in the obama adminstration did that. :wacko:

:D

If we could refuse to take the stimulus money AND opt out of having to pay for it too, THEN you'd have something. :D

Ask a Republican governor if they are for or against the stimulus. :D

The repugs in congress are out of touch within their own party, let alone the rest of the country. :wacko:

Ask a Republican governor if they are for or against the stimulus. :D

The repugs in congress are out of touch within their own party, let alone the rest of the country. :wacko:

What, because a few Republican governors in states that in trouble are for it? Nobody I know personally is for this crap. My governor isn't for it. Of course my state is in the black.

I say we go back to paying CEOs large amounts. It might trickle down this time.

Or we could liberate another country. I think we can spare/secretly pocket another 3 Trillion.

How many billions is a trillion? I believe what was passed was in the billions and to help people. A President doing something that costs less and doesn't kill people?

I'm shocked!

Didn't Steven Colbert say the republicans should stand on principle and refuse the stimulus money for their home districts?

Hey if you don't make their districts pay for the crap, I'm sure they would. I'd gladly have our district not take a single handout if we didn't have to pay the taxes to fund this monstrosity. Since that isn't going to happen, I doubt you will see anyone turning down getting their money back after the feds have taken some off the top to administer it.

Hey if you don't make their districts pay for the crap, I'm sure they would. I'd gladly have our district not take a single handout if we didn't have to pay the taxes to fund this monstrosity. Since that isn't going to happen, I doubt you will see anyone turning down getting their money back after the feds have taken some off the top to administer it.

Seriously, this is really the only reasonable answer. Obviously it's pretty dumb to put into the kitty and then refuse your share. If you're against the program, you're against both the taking and the spending of the money. As was mentioned before, this whole thing is just as stupid as people telling anyone who didn't like Bush's rebate to decline the cash.

I honestly don't understand why this is even being discussed.

Just make taxes voluntary. :wacko: