[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let me axe you a question

gbpfan1231

From a paper by a 9th grader;

My Fantasy life

As I hear my alarm clock singing Hannah Montanna, I see it’s a beautiful Friday morning. The sun is shining bright, its warm and the birds is chirping by my window. I get up and get out my bed to get dress for a wonderful day of work. As I walk to my closet I trip over my Gucci shoes, while passing by my striping pole in the middle of my bedroom.

I go to my closet and put on my D&C shoes with my Versace suit. I go to the bathroom to put on my clothes and to brush my teeth. As I am brushing my teeth I hear my two kids yelling at the nanny to make them breakfast. I head downstairs to tell them to be quiet.” Whats going on” I said. “Nothing” my kids said. I could tell they were lying by the look on there faces. But I don’t care as long as it’s the nanny and not me I’m good.

Maria put the breakfast on the table. She made pancakes, eggs, biscuits, and bacon, all the fav of the Bush family. Reggie comes downs stories to join us to eat. He smells like a wet dog cause, he just got down working out.

:wacko:

The correct spelling would be aks. It, like many other versions of words accepted nowadays, can be said with more lazy mouth movements than ask. This wasn't started in the "ghetto" or even by black people like most think, but actually originated from a southern drawl.
I've lived in the South all my life, and have family all over the South. I have never heard a white person use axe or aks unless they were making fun of or complaining about a black person. We might talk funny, but not that funny.

The only person I heard say it that I was around on a regular basis was a supervisor of mine...she was from Mississippi, ...and she was a very tall black woman. She would also say "question" like "qwerstion"...I figured it was just a deep south thing even though I have lived in Virginia, South Carolina, Florida, and TX.

As a salesman, I just love when a customer calls and tells me:

"I was wanting to get a price on ....."

:wacko:

It is past tense.