[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Religulous

Kid Cid

Not a fan. If you don't want to believe, then that is 100% your right, but whats the point of going around and trying to shoot holes in other peoples faith. :wacko:

now, this is funny chit

a comedian making fun of religion - wow what a new concept.

Maher is a hugh Carlin fan, who also had some interesting views on religion...............

now, this is funny chit

a comedian making fun of religion - wow what a new concept.

Maher is a hugh Carlin fan, who also had some interesting views on religion...............

Oddly enough, I didn't have a problem with Carlin....in fact he is one of my favorite comedians. I just looked his deal as part of his show. But Maher seems to be on a bigger mission to disprove the ideas of others faith.

Not a fan. If you don't want to believe, then that is 100% your right, but whats the point of going around and trying to shoot holes in other peoples faith. :wacko:

I haven t seen the movie so I can t comment on his 'point', but for those of us who don t beleive , we do have our lives affected daily by the tyranny of those who do beleive who do chit like blow up buildings, kill doctors, stone people, start wars, quesion science etc...

If I thought that my shooting holes in other people s faith had any impact on what I consider deleterious behaviour to my wellbeing, beleive me I would be shooting away

Oddly enough, I didn't have a problem with Carlin....in fact he is one of my favorite comedians. I just looked his deal as part of his show. But Maher seems to be on a bigger mission to disprove the ideas of others faith.

Carlin wasn't political, he was anti-politician, and he was very funny. Maher isn't that funny and is very political. I liked Carlin, I can't stand to watch Maher.

you need to let that whole prop 8 thing die.

Right, because if there was ever an instance of these peace loving and oppressed religious types cramming their ideology down everyone throats and forgetting that the f'ing Pope is not king of the world, Prop 8 is certainly not that.

I haven t seen the movie so I can t comment on his 'point', but for those of us who don t beleive , we do have our lives affected daily by the tyranny of those who do beleive who do chit like blow up buildings, kill doctors, stone people, start wars, quesion science etc...

If I thought that my shooting holes in other people s faith had any impact on what I consider deleterious behaviour to my wellbeing, beleive me I would be shooting away

+1

Carlin wasn't political, he was anti-politician, and he was very funny. Maher isn't that funny and is very political. I liked Carlin, I can't stand to watch Maher.

Carlin is a legend, and I also think Maher is intelligent, well-informed and f*cking funny as hell - and I agree with his take on alot of issues

he isn't necessarily political, just anti-dubya like alot of people.

Carlin is a legend, and I also think Maher is intelligent, well-informed and f*cking funny as hell - and I agree with his take on alot of issues

he isn't necessarily political, just anti-dubya like alot of people.

That's my take as well. Carlin was just safer than Maher and just made fun of things that pretty much everyone thought was lame. Maher just makes fun of something that a bunch of people believe, so that makes him an unfunny a-hole.

Maher can be funny, but I think he's lost his mind over the last few years. He comes off more shrill now than intelligent and that's a shame - he was quite insightful once upon a time.

I agree, and I'll borrow the word "smarmy" which has been used here a couple times.

You may be surprised to find out that he (probaby through editing) displays quite a bit of understanding of the various religions. He comes across as much more informed than the representatives of the faiths (and he doesn't use common people, he uses people high up in the ranks of their faith). He's able to respond in quotes or passages from the various texts of each faith.

That said, anyone that has faith will hate the documentary because facts never trump faith.

People will believe what they want to believe regardless of anything to the contrary (this is true for all sides of the discussion).

I enjoyed the movie because it did allow me to learn more about the various religions.

Good post, makes me more interested to watch... since my wife would definitely like to see it.

FWIW, I think all of the crap that people like that do is despicable. And while I can certainly understand your point, I don't think Maher does his whole deal to protect his personal wellbeing. He just does it for pure entertainment in a "look at me" sort of way.